Page 1 of 272 1231151101 ... LastLast

Soooooo, where is the Warming?

Yep, here's my annual rant about the ridiculous pap that is the certainty of man-made global warming,errrrrrrrrr "climate change".

in an article in USA Today this morning, it was finally stated that there has been a "flattening" in the rise of global temperatures over the past 15 years. But now, all of a sudden, the global warming alarmists are going back 100 years to justify their man-made warming theory. The actual statement is: "The "hiatus" in global warming has left average surface temperatures 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit above normal for the last century". What?

First of all, a century goes back to 1913. How do we know how accurate readings were worldwide back then? Secondly, some brainiac scientist, who obviously has skin in the warming game is claiming that the reason why temps haven't risen is because the Pacific Ocean waters are cooler, but that when they "inevitably" warm, the earth will scorch. Ok, then. So I guess that when it comes to air warming it's all man's fault, but when the oceans cool that is all nature and not man, but that man will eventually screw up the cooler oceans too? I remember hearing that the deterioration in the ozone layer was causing more sun rays to penetrate, therreby warming the waters, causing ocean ice to melt and the entire earth to warm. Now, the Pacific Ocean waters are cooler? Which the hell is it?

All I know is that here we are almost to Labor Day and there has barely been a smidgen of tropical storm or hurricane activity despite the doom and gloom claims of the "warming club" that there would be a more than active hurricane season. Well, it's almost Labor Day and it ain't happening. This will be at least the third year in a row where the alarmists have been dead wrong as to hurricanes and tropical storms, so why the hell should they be believed?

In any event, even if there is one iota of truth that man can actually influence nature in this way, like one of our great Urban Philosophers once said..."Get outta MY face with that crazy stuff!" . If man is some influence, don't talk to us Westerners. Go talk to those in the circle around China/Mongolia/India/Pakistan/Micronesia/Korea/Japan. More people live inside the circle than the entire world outside of that circle in the rest of the world. They burn coal, they have awful pollution, and they don't give a crap about their environment or public health in most of those areas. If anyone is dumping stuff in the sky, it's them.

So, to you so-called climatological experts...shut the hell up to us and go speak Chinese.....with your face mask on.

As for me, I'll enjoy another year where palm trees are not sprouting on the Lake Erie shore, and the snow falls when it should.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 08-29-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

You're so naïve. Don't you know that it's no longer "global warming"? It's now called "climate change". So if the temperature goes down, it's due to fossil fuels. If temperature goes up, fossil fuels.

Junior
    in my pants
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    You're so naïve. Don't you know that it's no longer "global warming"? It's now called "climate change".
    Ignoramus. We are experiencing Climate Chaos.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    All I know is that here we are almost to Labor Day and there has barely been a smidgen of tropical storm or hurricane activity despite the doom and gloom claims of the "warming club" that there would be a more than active hurricane season. Well, it's almost Labor Day and it ain't happening. This will be at least the third year in a row where the alarmists have been dead wrong as to hurricanes and tropical storms, so why the hell should they be believed?
    I really don't care about climate change, but the bolded part is pretty much wrong.

2011 Hurricane Irene
    2012 Hurricane Sandy

Did you simply forget the last two years MOR, or did you think Sandy wasn't a big deal?

I've lived in DC for 15 years. I've experienced three hurricanes in that time, two in the last three years. Now I don't know what that means, but man, it sure does suck.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

I was at Riverbend Wednesday night and it was hotter than balls. I was soaked through with sweat. My shins were sweating. I didn't even know shins had sweat glands.

So the answer to your question might be "Riverbend".
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

I'm a big fan of nearly all your posts MOR. But you've lost me here. Are you saying that because there haven't been major tropical storms this year, global warming can not be real?
    The timespan of one hurricane season over the course of the entire time Earth has been here is unbelievably miniscule. It's like judging Jeff Robinson's career off one blink one of his eyes made at one point during his 4 years at Xavier.

And talking about it will still be snowing, etc...I don't think even the strongest supporters of global warming are saying it's going to stop snow from falling. It's a very minor change in our climate.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    I really don't care about climate change, but the bolded part is pretty much wrong.

2011 Hurricane Irene
    2012 Hurricane Sandy

Did you simply forget the last two years MOR, or did you think Sandy wasn't a big deal?

I've lived in DC for 15 years. I've experienced three hurricanes in that time, two in the last three years. Now I don't know what that means, but man, it sure does suck.
    But those types of storms are not unprecedented. Storms like that happened before, way before any talk of "climate change" or "warming".

Just because a one off storm happens, doesn't mean it is a trend. What I said was correct. There were predictions of a certain amount of storms and those projections have been way too high. Hurricane Camille happened in 1969, and it was horriffic on the Gulf Coast. No one was talking about "warming" then. If anything there was a prediction by the alarmists that we were entering a new "Ice Age". I guess whatever sticks, huh?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    But those types of storms are not unprecedented. Storms like that happened before, way before any talk of "climate change" or "warming".

Just because a one off storm happens, doesn't mean it is a trend. What I said was correct. There were predictions of a certain amount of storms and those projections have been way too high. Hurricane Camille happened in 1969, and it was horriffic on the Gulf Coast. No one was talking about "warming" then. If anything there was a prediction by the alarmists that we were entering a new "Ice Age". I guess whatever sticks, huh?
    I'm merely pointing out your theory that there has now been three years with alarmist being wrong about hurricanes is factually incorrect. You even admit it when describing "one off storm."

I don't care about trends. All I'm saying the second costliest hurricane happened last year. And the same area was hit the year before.

You can't be correct on both sides of the argument MOR.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Global warming is like cancer: if you ignore it, it just goes away.