Page 193 of 272 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2712
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Global cooling is hurting the maple syrup industry. And oh, the NYT misrepresented a few key facts.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....tes_funny.html
    Which is what the NYT does when it doesn't exactly fit their editorial narrative. Kinda like Dan Rather did when he totally falsified the story about George W. Bush's Texas National Guard service in 2004.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Which is what the NYT does when it doesn't exactly fit their editorial narrative. Kinda like Dan Rather did when he totally falsified the story about George W. Bush's Texas National Guard service in 2004.
    Hey, Dan still stands by that story!

But like Dan, This NYT journalist should be fired for writing this phony story.
    Last edited by XU 87; 05-07-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    The Paris Accord imposed no legal requirements on the US.
    We will not formally be out of the agreement until the day after the next presidential election in 2020.
    Much of China's problem stems from using coal as a power source.
    I thought using coal was part of MAGA?
    Jeezuz Paul. China's coal production useage/production has zero to do with Trump. NADA, but you try to make a ridiculous connection.
    China PRODUCES 46% and USES 51% of the world's supply of coal...and it ain't falling. Hell, Trump is putting, or threatening to put, much higher tariffs on stuff China related so you have no argument here. In fact, China's own production of coal was 2.1% HIGHER in December 2018 than it was in 2017 and they even ramped up and opened NEW mines in 2018, so they ain't living up to any promises.

As I said in the very first post on this thread almost 6 years ago, quit flogging the US over this stuff. Turn your cynical gaze east to China and India who just blatantly flaunt any "commitments" to theiir economic benefit and what would be our economic disadvantage.
    Thank Gawd Obummer's trash pledges are gone.

You make some good points.
    But China did have a couple of years of decreasing emissions.
    Once the economy there heats up, they us coal power, so their emissions increased.
    They also lead the world in solar panel production and wind turbines. They are at least making an effort...and have a LONG way to go.

In contrast, while we might chastise them for being a big emitter...it's from coal. So they need to reduce that.
    Conversely, Trump was touting coal and trying to increase it.
    There's a disconnect there somewhere.
    Sort of like Trump continuing to say China is paying for the tariffs.

Do you suppose his twitter followers actually believe that?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Hey, Dan still stands by that story!

But like Dan, This NYT journalist should be fired for writing this phony story.
    I’m sure the HR folks at the NYT are working on the termination right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I’m sure the HR folks at the NYT are working on the termination right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Either that or submitting the story for a Pulitzer.

People on both sides of the issue need to understand the following words and practice each as it relates to the environment:

Sustainability
    Stewardship
    Respect
    Open mindedness

The more people that inhabit the earth, the more important these words become. Many, most of us will not be here 50-75 years from today and it’s the world that those people are living then that’s important. But, it’s decisions we all make today that will create the world they live in 50-75 years and beyond. If we all take this approach, it brightly highlights the shortsightedness of this thread. Thus, it should be replaced with a thread emphasizing sustainability, stewardship, respect and open-mindedness. This a proactive approach and the results are positive. Who can't get behind and support that? All the other stuff is a distraction.
    Last edited by vee4xu; 05-07-2019 at 04:50 PM.
    Pray the Rosary daily

I haven't read this thread in over a year, and am not responding to anything in particular. I just wanted to share an observation....

Just about every environmental conscious person that I know is a complete slob. On the flip side, the vast majority of conservatives I know are neat freaks. Say what you want about trump. His buildings and hotels are immaculate.

That always struck me as being kind of backwards. You'd think that if there were a group of people who wanted to make the human race clean their rooms and clean up their mess, it'd be the conservatives.

Anyway, back to how it's all a hoax even though it really isn't.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Except......that it is.

The list of things that the Pope, the Pentagon, the Chinese, and the scientific community all independently agree on, in any capacity, is very very small. The idea that those four entities are conspiring together to pull off an elaborate hoax is simply absurd. I suppose one could argue that climate change is not a thing, and that these people are simply mistaken, and not sound like a fool. I don't think they'd be right, but I think it would be at least worth listening to. To call it a hoax is foolish. What kind of diplomacy do people think exists between those four groups?? I mean...BOY! You really gotta watch out for the Pope and the Chinese! I'm telling you when those two get together the hoaxes are legendary!
    Last edited by xubrew; 05-21-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White