Page 163 of 272 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2712
    Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Didn't we discuss in the past how unhealthy it is for you to continue to yell at your computer screen, "I hate you '87!!!!!!"?
    I don't yell at my computer, and I certainly don't hate you. As you noted in your quote of me, I believe it's best to just ignore you on matters like this.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I don't yell at my computer, and I certainly don't hate you. As you noted in your quote of me, I believe it's best to just ignore you on matters like this.
    Bundle up tonight. We are having an overnight low of 61 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Best to ignore troglodytes like MOR and 87. Like their hero, Pres. Trump, they say stuff to stir things up rather than being taken literally.
    I turned on my gas log fireplace last night... On September 2.

Still patiently awaiting Palm Trees to sprout on the Lake Erie shore.

Call names like troglodyte, but how many "climate experts" have built a comfortable life off of grants that they have extracted off of various sources and do nothing more than sit in their plush chairs in front of large computer screens manipulating numbers and create computer models of questionable value? Average annual compensation, -$120,00/year for academics, and over $140,000/year for Federal Government climate "Analysts". That's just in this country. No wonder they don't want this sham to end. We should all want cushy jobs like that where the accuracy and the quality of our pontificating can't be known for 50 or 60 years- long after we have retired and even died. Meanwhile the dollars we stole from the sources we soaked are in the bank accounts of our decendants. Nice work if you can get it. All the money with zero accountability. Nobody barely checking on your daily work. No deadlines, no pressure, no objective other than to perpetuate the scam.

But, please China and India. If for no one else than your tortured population, please control the garbage emitting from your smokestacks like we in the US did decades ago. Acid Rain was real.....and it's gone here. I invite the rest of the world to get off our ass and effect your economy in the interest of the human existence.

Oh, and by the way, "climate experts". Anytime you want to trade in that shiny Ford pickup that you drive out into the desert to take the "climate change measurements" for a piece of crap Chevy Volt, be my guest.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 09-03-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I turned on my gas log fireplace last night... On September 2.

Still patiently awaiting Palm Trees to sprout on the Lake Erie shore.

Call names like troglodyte, but how many "climate experts" have built a comfortable life off of grants that they have extracted off of various sources and do nothing more than sit in their plush chairs in front of large computer screens manipulating numbers and create computer models of questionable value? Average annual compensation, -$120,00/year for academics, and over $140,000/year for Federal Government climate "Analysts". That's just in this country. No wonder they don't want this sham to end. We should all want cushy jobs like that where the accuracy and the quality of our pontificating can't be known for 50 or 60 years- long after we have retired and even died. Meanwhile the dollars we stole from the sources we soaked are in the bank accounts of our decendants. Nice work if you can get it. All the money with zero accountability. Nobody barely checking on your daily work. No deadlines, no pressure, no objective other than to perpetuate the scam.

But, please China and India. If for no one else than your tortured population, please control the garbage emitting from your smokestacks like we in the US did decades ago. Acid Rain was real.....and it's gone here. I invite the rest of the world to get off our ass and effect your economy in the interest of the human existence.

Oh, and by the way, "climate experts". Anytime you want to trade in that shiny Ford pickup that you drive out into the desert to take the "climate change measurements" for a piece of crap Chevy Volt, be my guest.
    Still dancing around the main point huh? Once in a lifetime storms are now happening multiple times in a decade. Your response?

Soooooo, where is the Warming?

And Cincinnati used to be under a glacier and much of the plains states were under water. Who's to say what is "normal" for our planet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    And Cincinnati used to be under a glacier and much of the plains states were under water. Who's to say what is "normal" for our planet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because that's what the scientists say is normal...duh.

And don't you dare question the academics and their 'settled science', they might label you a caveman. I always get a chuckle when the smartest people in the room are reduced to name calling.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

We need to take better care of this planet. There is no other way to see this issue.

It is a global matter, and obviously so.

Should whole industries be killed suddenly (coal) as a response towards creating a cleaner environment? Perhaps we should imagine ourselves in the same place as a breadwinner who works in that industry and whose family has worked in it for generations.

We must focus on a cleaner environment. But that should be done through some balanced transitional strategy. Other factors and criteria are at stake in all this. My example of "coal" is an example only; the overall idea is to commit to environmental responsibility, but while doing so in a manner that doesn't rip up lives, whole communities and industries. We have time.

Besides, China must play ball anyway for it all to move forward the right way.

It probably would also help if population growth slowed a little on this rock.
    X A V I E R

"In 2015, the Obama White House updated flood-risk standards for the first time since the 1970s, incorporating climate models and sea-level rise into calibrations for building elevations. The new standard meant that any federally funded building in flood plains must be built at higher elevations, especially for critical infrastructure like hospitals and fire stations. On August 15, Trump erased those standards with one line buried in a broader infrastructure order."

2 major hurricanes later...

On Friday, Homeland Security adviser Tom Bossert told reporters that the White House might put out another executive order or additional guidance in the next month. “We shouldn’t use federal money to rebuild in ways that don’t anticipate future flood risk,” Bossert said. “So we need to build back smarter and stronger against flood plain concerns when we use federal dollars.”
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

And now, even some believers are labeled as deniers.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/12/now-eve...urce=flipboard
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.