Page 177 of 272 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2712
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Just curious, how is the global cooling group spinning the South African drought?
    Oh. I don't know. Maybe just like the Texas drought a few years ago that ended in floods. Or the Southeast US drought when Georgia was threatening to steal water from Alabama and Tennessee that caused an uproar then ended with the lakes all being way back up to normal, and having been for 3 years.
    Ish happens over the course of time. You know, "It's Weather, not Climate". (Eye Rolling Emoji)
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by DART87 View Post
    Interesting article on the ramifications of rising sea levels from a business/legal perspective:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-04-25/fight-grows-over-who-owns-real-estate-drowned-by-climate-change

Evidently shit is actually happening and there are legitimate court cases in response. Man may or may not have caused the sea levels to rise but it is happening whether (pun intended) or not it is cold in Cleveland in May.
    The sea level is rising 3.2 millimeters per year (LINK). That's the equivalent of one inch every eight years. That article conveniently lumped sea levels and coastal erosion together, but the latter certainly seems to be the more pressing issue.

46 degrees on Mackinac Island yesterday where we were and 45 degrees in Westlake today. This on May 11. After the 4th coldest winter in North America in the last 30 years. But it's weather, not climate. Not sure when it transfers from weather to climate though. Maybe 31 years?

Still waiting for those Palm Trees on Lake Erie, and it's level is lower than in 1985- after a perfectly average precipitation winter. Water moves all over the earth, right? I can't wait for that Tsunami at my house- 1/2 mile from the Lake to happen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by XU '11 View Post
    The sea level is rising 3.2 millimeters per year (LINK). That's the equivalent of one inch every eight years. That article conveniently lumped sea levels and coastal erosion together, but the latter certainly seems to be the more pressing issue.
    Yeah, but that Global Temp rise will surely cause more evaporation of water from that extra foot rise over 96 years. Gotta love Nature's ying and yang, right?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    46 degrees on Mackinac Island yesterday where we were and 45 degrees in Westlake today. This on May 11. After the 4th coldest winter in North America in the last 30 years. But it's weather, not climate. Not sure when it transfers from weather to climate though. Maybe 31 years?

Still waiting for those Palm Trees on Lake Erie, and it's level is lower than in 1985- after a perfectly average precipitation winter. Water moves all over the earth, right? I can't wait for that Tsunami at my house- 1/2 mile from the Lake to happen soon.
    Come on down to Xavier's sweltering campus today - a nice balmy 85 degrees!

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Come on down to Xavier's sweltering campus today - a nice balmy 85 degrees!
    YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!! Summer is FINALLY here!!

My car said 92 degrees when I was driving down the road today. We are over a month away from the official start of summer. If I played the ludicrous idea that weather was the same as climate, I would say this is a great example of global warming.

This article recaps the discussions in Congress, which look almost exactly like the discussions on this board. Rep. Brooks is either a moron or trolling (looking @ you Mr. global cooling!).

"Every time you have that soil or rock or whatever it is that is deposited into the seas, that forces the sea levels to rise, because now you have less space in those oceans, because the bottom is moving up," Brooks said.

Duffy responded: "I'm pretty sure that on human time scales, those are minuscule effects."

Interesting read in the USA Today section of today's Cincinnati Enquirer written by Doyle Rice for The Associated Press. It is titled --- Coast-to-coast: May broke U.S. record. Here it is --- https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...usa/676907002/

It represents only a month in the scheme of things (which is not really relevant). But it might have an effect on the opinions of the likes of MOR and XU 87 since they take great stock in seeing their patio thermometers read an uncharacteristically cool summer day or frigid day in winter.

NAW --- Silly me!!!

It was so cold in Cincinnati last night that I was wearing a jacket while drinking a beer on my deck. You global cooling deniers need to come to grips with reality.