Page 210 of 272 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2712
    Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    I would recommend just sticking to your argument and facts. The whole left or right whatever name people want to use demonize other view points isn’t necessary to clearly express your argument and facts. Just have respect for other viewpoints even if you don’t agree with them. We need to spread love not hate in the world. WWJD!
    You can call me a Centrist anytime.
    ‘87 is correct. Nothing derogatory about those terms.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by xuphan View Post
    I would recommend just sticking to your argument and facts. The whole left or right whatever name people want to use demonize other view points isn’t necessary to clearly express your argument and facts. Just have respect for other viewpoints even if you don’t agree with them. We need to spread love not hate in the world. WWJD!
    Please stop with this. I'm on the right. Those I disagree with on this issue are on the left. If you want to "demonize" me by calling me a "conservative", feel free to do so.

Conservatives are called racists, xenophobes, homophobes, and various other phobes, and you're more concerned about me calling someone a liberal or a leftist.
    Last edited by XU 87; 05-11-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Please stop with this. I'm on the right. Those I disagree with on this issue are on the left. If you want to "demonize" me by calling me a "conservative", feel free to do so.

Conservatives are called racists, xenophobes, homophobes, and various other phobes, and you're more concerned about me calling someone a liberal or a leftist.
    You can make your argument, opinions, etc without attacking someone else as a left or right. The whole you are on the left or on the right is pretty funny to me. I would say most people fall somewhere in the middle and are neither or left or a right as you would say. If it makes you feel better by calling someone a left or a right based on their personal opinions than go for it. I just think itÂ’s kinda silly to be honest.

It’s May 28. It’s 39 in Minneapolis, 45 in Chicago and 49 here. The high temp won’t get past 53 in Kansas City today.
    Yup. Global cooling in place!!!! I guess I’d better start setting my Polar Bear traps!!

Predicted high of 55 degrees in the 'Nati tomorrow. Where's my parka?!?
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Please go back and look at my very first post starting this thread.
    And 8 years later Paul and Bobbie want to go back to the Paris Climate Accords. Huh.
    Where’s your defense gentlemen?

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...limate-change/

“ China’s ruler, Xi Jinping, now promises that his country’s carbon emissions will begin to decline by 2030, while they’re growing at the fastest pace in more than a decade. Meanwhile, U.S. carbon emissions have slightly declined most years since 2007 — although last year’s significant drop is partially attributed to the drastic change in Americans’ behavior because of the coronavirus pandemic. Year by year, the United States is using less and less coal for energy production. In 2007, the U.S. generated 6 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide; last y Earlier this year, Jordan McGillis, deputy director of policy at the Institute for Energy Research, pointed out “with its March release of a new five-year plan (FYP), the 14th in its history, China has embarrassed its climate cheerleaders in the West. Beijing’s plan institutes no carbon cap, no coal phase-out, and no roadmap by which it will execute upon Xi’s words. Despite the carbon-neutral-by-2060 pledge, the FYP emphasizes the importance of coal to China’s continued development, not the emissions that come with its use ear, it generated 4.5 billion metric tons. China, by contrast, generated an estimated 14.4 billion metric tons in 2020.”

“ Earlier this year, Jordan McGillis, deputy director of policy at the Institute for Energy Research, pointed out “with its March release of a new five-year plan (FYP), the 14th in its history, China has embarrassed its climate cheerleaders in the West. Beijing’s plan institutes no carbon cap, no coal phase-out, and no roadmap by which it will execute upon Xi’s words. Despite the carbon-neutral-by-2060 pledge, the FYP emphasizes the importance of coal to China’s continued development, not the emissions that come with its use

“ And now we learn from Reuters a new measurement of how much Chinese cities contribute to the generation of climate-warming gases: “Just 25 big cities — almost all of them in China — accounted for more than half of the climate-warming gases pumped out by a sample of 167 urban hubs around the world”
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 07-13-2021 at 11:46 AM.

The logic of this escapes me.
    China's jumping off a tall building...let's go join them because ? Well, just because.
    If we and the rest of the world are stepping back from the edge of the tall building, that's a good thing for the future of our planet.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Yeah, those people at NASA are crazy:

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Maybe have your next golf vacation in Death Valley.
    2023 Sweet 16

Koonin has provided some interesting thoughts on the subject. However most intelligent people have moved on from this as the predictions of doom have not materialized in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Koonin has provided some interesting thoughts on the subject. However most intelligent people.....
    Yeah, like 57% of Americans and 97% of the scientific community who believe in cc. As usual, you're in the small minority.
    2023 Sweet 16