Page 174 of 272 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2712
    Wouldn't the differing temperatures in space support string theory in some, small way?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Holy crap. The bolded information elevates the conversation - literally - right out of our atmosphere. The data that confirm the sun's temp cycles - - what is its source?
    The big question is what part of the cycle is the sun in? If it's at it's hotter part then a lot of this global warming could be just part of the normal cycle. If it is at it's cooler part and the earth is still heating up then rough times are ahead. If the sun is at it's cooler part of the cycle, I would think that we all would have heard more about this.

There are also a lot of underwater volcanoes too. Not sure how this would play into things if at all.

EDIT from some research

The 11-year sunspot cycle is actually half of a longer, 22-year cycle of solar activity. Each time the sunspot count rises and falls, the magnetic field of the Sun associated with sunspots reverses polarity; the orientation of magnetic fields in the Sun's northern and southern hemispheres switch. The Sun is typically very active when sunspot counts are high.

Besides these regular cycles, the Sun has exhibited periods of very unusual sunspot counts. Most notably, from about 1645 to 1715 there were very few sunspots - in some years none at all were observed! This period, now called the Maunder Minimum (after E.W. Maunder, who did important pioneering work related to this phenomenon), corresponded to an extremely cold spell in Europe known as the Little Ice Age.

I do know that there has been a lot of sunspot activity going on in recent past years which may be contributing to the issue. Also this is the best explanation to the Little Ice Age that I've come across.

The Little Ice Age lasted about 350 years from beginning to end. Whenever I think of George Washington crossing the Delaware and the history books talking about how cold it was, I think of the Little Ice Age. But that's just me.
    Last edited by MADXSTER; 04-18-2018 at 02:59 PM.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    The big question is what part of the cycle is the sun in? If it's at it's hotter part then a lot of this global warming could be just part of the normal cycle. If it is at it's cooler part and the earth is still heating up then rough times are ahead. If the sun is at it's cooler part of the cycle, I would think that we all would have heard more about this.

There are also a lot of underwater volcanoes too. Not sure how this would play into things if at all.
    Good stuff. The actual indications are that there are TONS of naturally occurring phenomena that have a huge effect on what happens with the climate. Nature > Man. Again, I point out that with the catalytic converters, smokestack scrubbers, water treatment actions, initiatives toward more tree planting, reduced use of paper due to digital media thereby reducing tree cutting, stopping of acid rain and other actions ALREADY taken in this country, things are much better now than they were in the 1970's. As I said before, look at a picture of Pittsburgh in 1958 and a picture of Pittsburgh in 2018. Where is the soot?

America has done its job. The Paris Accords are for the scofflaws like China. Get off my lawn and leave the US alone---which has been my whole point since starting this thread five years ago when Obummer was drawing us into this sinkhole. Now, if American companies can continue to innovate on environmental progress items and products without Government interference or dictates, and such innovations will influence the rest of the world and benefit US companies and our economy, then all the better.

But the bottom line is that NO ONE will ever convince me that any global changes in climate are caused by man. In the great picture, man is an ant on an elephant's ass. The scaremongers just need something to scream and draw attention to themselves about- just like that Y2K scam was 20 years ago. That was fun.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Good stuff. The actual indications are that there are TONS of naturally occurring phenomena that have a huge effect on what happens with the climate. Nature > Man. Again, I point out that with the catalytic converters, smokestack scrubbers, water treatment actions, initiatives toward more tree planting, reduced use of paper due to digital media thereby reducing tree cutting, stopping of acid rain and other actions ALREADY taken in this country, things are much better now than they were in the 1970's. As I said before, look at a picture of Pittsburgh in 1958 and a picture of Pittsburgh in 2018. Where is the soot?

America has done its job. The Paris Accords are for the scofflaws like China. Get off my lawn and leave the US alone---which has been my whole point since starting this thread five years ago when Obummer was drawing us into this sinkhole. Now, if American companies can continue to innovate on environmental progress items and products without Government interference or dictates, and such innovations will influence the rest of the world and benefit US companies and our economy, then all the better.

But the bottom line is that NO ONE will ever convince me that any global changes in climate are caused by man. In the great picture, man is an ant on an elephant's ass. The scaremongers just need something to scream and draw attention to themselves about- just like that Y2K scam was 20 years ago. That was fun.
    Pure fact.

Businessmen used to take an extra dress shirt with them to change into when they returned from lunch, and the street lights were known to be on during the day when the mills were at full throttle.

All that is what gave rise to Ligonier for the Mellons, et al. So, in short, we can thank pollution for someone creating Laurel Valley.
    X A V I E R

MOR should be worried more about how he is going to spend his 401k before the kids get their grubby hands on it.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    MOR should be worried more about how he is going to spend his 401k before the kids get their grubby hands on it.
    Am willing to help MOR in this endeavor. I’m a team guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    As I said before, look at a picture of Pittsburgh in 1958 and a picture of Pittsburgh in 2018. Where is the soot?
    Usually sitting in the stands of Heinz Field on Sundays in the fall....
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Usually sitting in the stands of Heinz Field on Sundays in the fall....
    Ah, hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! #QuestionAnswered