Page 205 of 272 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2712
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The problem with that article, paul, is that it was pretty clearly written by Chinese state media.
    It was written by a history professor at University of Michigan who is focused primarily on the Middle East. I believe fluent in Arabic and maybe Farsi.
    I've read his stuff over the years about the conflicts in that region, and I'm pretty sure (not positive) that he is not an employee of Chinese state media.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Btw where does a lot of electricity come from
    Not sure what the question means, but more and more from renewables. If we can get to the point of replacing nuclear that would benefit everyone because of the problem of waste disposal.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    It was written by a history professor at University of Michigan who is focused primarily on the Middle East. I believe fluent in Arabic and maybe Farsi.
    I've read his stuff over the years about the conflicts in that region, and I'm pretty sure (not positive) that he is not an employee of Chinese state media.

Not sure what the question means, but more and more from renewables. If we can get to the point of replacing nuclear that would benefit everyone because of the problem of waste disposal.
    20% come from renewables and that’s pushing it. Amazon can tout all the freaking nonsense that they want, just like your lib friends, but the fact is that it’s pretty much coming all from the same spot.

Have you ever watched Inside Bill Gates Brain on Netflix. Very good.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Have not seen that. Seems like it would be worth watching from the reviews; maybe I can still pull it up on Netflix.

Regarding Gates, I've been a Rotarian for a long time, and much of that organization's global efforts have been an effort to eradicate polio.
    In that effort, Gates' has always been a major contributor, and I guess I've always had a good impression of him and his philanthropy.

This week in a Foreign Policy discussion group, our topic was the WHO and the current pandemic. In the course of research this article popped up, which gives a slightly different look at Gates. Apparently the idea of Intellectual Property rights (from his days in the late 90's fighting Apple) is very big for him, an maybe an impediment in getting the vaccine distributed to poorer countries. Article here if you're interested:

https://newrepublic.com/article/1620...covid-vaccines

Need to watch. Gates had polio down to about 30 cases worldwide but then his volunteers started getting captured and killed in war torn civil-war countries in africa. That is one of the three part series. He also talks about nuclear power using already burnt uranium waste and instead of water to cool it down, use liquid metal. If a reactor fails the liquid metal would not reach a boiling point and thus be able to cool it down. Plus you would be able to set it up where there isn't water. Third world countries would be less third world.
    Balls of Steele!!

The senior senator has apparently come over to believing in climate change.
    NB: he has changed his mind before on this subject.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1382759813143269379

The senior senator has apparently come over to believing in climate change.
    NB: he has changed his mind before on this subject.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1382759813143269379
    This is just crazy talk that a politician has changed their position!

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    This is just crazy talk that a politician has changed their position!
    hah! Not to worry...he'll change back. Just give him a while.

It’s going to snow on April 21.

Just sayin’.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Finished it up tonight. Thanks for the recommendation. Quite a fascinating story of his life and recent focuses.
    Had not heard about his efforts to use spent fuel in a safe nuclear reactor design. Sorry the production got sidetracked by Trump's China policy.
    Would be really neat to use all that spent fuel in KY to generate power and not have the safety/waste concerns of our present designs

Hope you get a chance to read that article I noted earlier. Presents a different side of the man in our current pandemic world.