Page 190 of 272 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2712
    I went to grade school with WCWIII. I am pretty sure that in 1979 he gave a speech in Mr. Brockhoff's 8th grade science class about the impending doom of global cooling and the second coming of the ice age, and what we can do to prevent this upcoming catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I went to grade school with WCWIII. I am pretty sure that in 1979 he gave a speech in Mr. Brockhoff's 8th grade science class about the impending doom of global cooling and the second coming of the ice age, and what we can do to prevent this upcoming catastrophe.
    Science advances! (and my speech was in 4th grade after the field trip to see the poor Woolly Mammoths in Eden Park).

March and April were miserable and May is starting out the same way. When are the Palm Trees going to sprout on Lake Erie?

And, yeah, it's been 6 years since I started this thread.....and Damn Proud of IT!!! The longer it goes, it continues to show up the inaccuracy and disingenuous nature of the climate change honks. Hell, this is now half of the time frame that stupid- and I use that term intentionally- US Rep AOC has given the planet- 12 years- before we all hit Armageddon. Shouldn't we all be starting to bake now? I went to an Indians ballgame last night on May 4 and it was 47 degrees- at 4pm. Last time I checked, people are still living in, and moving to Las Vegas and Phoenix. Most of those that are moving are from, wow, California where a large number of change honks are holding forth and all the BS is raising taxes to unsustainable levels. Oh, and how's that SF to LA high speed train going, Governor? Oh, you pulled the plug?

Hey folks. There ain't anything happening. Meanwhile the biggest offenders- China and India don't give a sheet and keep on keeping on polluting even after those ridiculous "Paris Accords". Thank the ever loving Almighty that we pulled out of that cesspool of ripoff. Here are some true facts from the NCDC/NOAA:
    -The average US temperature for March was almost 1 degree- (.82) BELOW average.
    -Only 6% of the contiguous US was classified as in "Drought" condition on April 2, 2019. That is the LOWEST drought footprints on record.
    -California was drought free.
    -Montana had it's lowest temperature ever recorded in March, 2019 with a low of -46 at Elk Park, MT on 3/4/19

I'll still be here in 6 more years keeping this thread alive pointing out the same thing. Plants bloom in the spring exactly when they're supposed to, it gets hot when it's supposed to---that is when it's not cold when it's not supposed to be---the autumn happens when it's supposed to with leaves colored and falling from trees, and the snow happens at the Holidays. Despite all the money grant rip offs that haughty "scientists" (with total respect to my Brother WCW) keep collecting, Mother Nature will rule. Man has zero match or effect on what The Mother will do.

Yes. Let's all be cognizant of not littering or polluting, lets take good care of our space, but make those in government- like those totally irresponsible LOCAL politicians in Flint,- do the right things with the exorbitant taxes they collect and clean up their water and sewage instead of wasting their money on local pork barrel. The Fed shouldn't be called upon to bail out local communities from their idiocy. If you F up, you fix it. The rest of us have our own problems.

Here's to another 6 years of warming- Because I froze my ass off yesterday.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 05-05-2019 at 11:04 AM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    March and April were miserable and May is starting out the same way. When are the Palm Trees going to sprout on Lake Erie?

And, yeah, it's been 6 years since I started this thread.....and Damn Proud of IT!!! The longer it goes, it continues to show up the inaccuracy and disingenuous nature of the climate change honks. Hell, this is now half of the time frame that stupid- and I use that term intentionally- US Rep AOC has given the planet- 12 years- before we all hit Armageddon. Shouldn't we all be starting to bake now? I went to an Indians ballgame last night on May 4 and it was 47 degrees- at 4pm. Last time I checked, people are still living in, and moving to Las Vegas and Phoenix. Most of those that are moving are from, wow, California where a large number of change honks are holding forth and all the BS is raising taxes to unsustainable levels. Oh, and how's that SF to LA high speed train going, Governor? Oh, you pulled the plug?

Hey folks. There ain't anything happening. Meanwhile the biggest offenders- China and India don't give a sheet and keep on keeping on polluting even after those ridiculous "Paris Accords". Thank the ever loving Almighty that we pulled out of that cesspool of ripoff.

I'll still be here in 6 more years keeping this thread alive pointing out the same thing. Plants bloom in the spring exactly when they're supposed to, it gets hot when it's supposed to---that is when it's not cold when it's not supposed to be---the autumn happens when it's supposed to with leaves colored and falling from trees, and the snow happens at the Holidays. Despite all the money grant rip offs that haughty "scientists" (with total respect to my Brother WCW) keep collecting, Mother Nature will rule. Man has zero match or effect on what The Mother will do.

Yes. Let's all be cognizant of not littering or polluting, lets take good care of our space, but let those in government- like those totally irresponsible LOCAL politicians in Flint,- do the right things with the exorbitant taxes they collect and clean up their water and sewage instead of wasting their money on local pork barrel. The Fed shouldn't be called upon to bail out local communities from their idiocy. If you F up, you fix it. The rest of us have our own problems.

Here's to another 6 years of warming- Because I froze my ass off yesterday.
    Too bad you aren't living in Cincinnati. We have had a gorgeous spring, although the temperatures have been above normal.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Cincinnati had a low of 48 degrees this morning. Brrrrr, that's cold.

It was cold last night too. I was wearing my winter coat.

I was gong to smoke a cigar on my deck after going out for dinner last night, but it was just too damn cold.

As for you global cooling deniers who say this is "weather not climate", I just ask you to look at the science and evidence.

And I'm not sure what X-Man is referring to regarding our gorgeous weather, at least for March. Our average temperature in March was at and likely below the standard, including one day when it was 25 and 6 or 7 days in the 30's.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ci...weather/350126
    Last edited by XU 87; 05-05-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Comparing the current weather to global warming is like comparing Joey Votto's trips to the plate today against his lifetime average.

Maybe you'll have to go to trump's gov website:

https://www.climate.gov/news-feature...al-temperature
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Comparing the current weather to global warming is like comparing Joey Votto's trips to the plate today against his lifetime average.

Don't be a global cooling denier.

Cincinnati had a low of 48 degrees this morning. Brrrrr, that's cold.

It was cold last night too. I was wearing my winter coat.

I was gong to smoke a cigar on my deck after going out for dinner last night, but it was just too damn cold.

As for you global cooling deniers who say this is "weather not climate", I just ask you to look at the science and evidence.

And I'm not sure what X-Man is referring to regarding our gorgeous weather, at least for March. Our average temperature in March was at and likely below the standard, including one day when it was 25 and 6 or 7 days in the 30's.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ci...weather/350126
    Cherry picking as usual, eh 87? Using your site, I found that March was above average half of the days, and April was above average over two-thirds of the days. May has also begun above average. However unlike you and MOR, I don't confuse local weather with climate. Notice I said nothing to MOR other than to say that our spring, which I might add begins in April, has been delightful. Even my wife, who complains about the weather constantly, agrees with me. And if you found spring this year to be otherwise, I pity your sad sack.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Cherry picking as usual, eh 87? Using your site, I found that March was above average half of the days, and April was above average over two-thirds of the days. May has also begun above average. However unlike you and MOR, I don't confuse local weather with climate. Notice I said nothing to MOR other than to say that our spring, which I might add begins in April, has been delightful. Even my wife, who complains about the weather constantly, agrees with me. And if you found spring this year to be otherwise, I pity your sad sack.
    So you wife did a lot of complaining in March, especially all those sub-40 days?

So you wife did a lot of complaining in March, especially all those sub-40 days?
    Probably, although there were only 5 days where that happened.