Page 189 of 272 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2712
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    It was 70 in Alaska this week (first time ever in March) and one of the warmest if not the warmest on record for them.... does that mean global warming is real? No, it would be silly to use one region’s weather in March to prove or disprove global warming.
    Hmmm, the left would never use one weather event to support their belief in global warming? You better tell that to your fellow global warmers to stop doing this:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...xtreme-weather

https://www.chron.com/news/article/A...e-12300688.php

I have to admit, you global warmers have cornered the market when guys like Cuomo will use a snow storm to argue that global warming exists. It gets cold = global warming. It gets hot = global warming. Hurricanes= global warming. You can't lose with that logic!
    Last edited by XU 87; 03-27-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    It was 70 in Alaska this week (first time ever in March) and one of the warmest if not the warmest on record for them.... does that mean global warming is real? No, it would be silly to use one region’s weather in March to prove or disprove global warming.
    Whoa...slow down there big fella. You keep that up and people might learn there's a difference between weather and climate.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Hahaha, this thing is gonna have its 6th birthday in a few months.

Who knows the last time I even paid attention to this thread much less posted on it.

Since I'm here I have one question for all of you keeping this nonsense alive.

Do you think that the shit, piss, trash, refuse, garbage and carbon emissions of 7 billion people, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, year-after-year has zero effect on this world's atmosphere, drinking water and weather patterns?

If you're answer to this very simple question is no, then my response back to is - prove it!!! If you can't prove there is no impact, then that should be the end of the thread.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Sophomore
    Ah yes the old prove a negative. Great logic.

This thread is 6 years old and an inconvenient truth is almost 20 years old and almost none of the global warming predictions have come to pass. Maybe the onus is on you to prove your claim is real

I’d be more inclined to listen if it didn’t seem to be a front for communism. Every prescription offered has something to do with centralizing federal power or completely scrapping capitalism or something else equally ridiculous.

I’m glad we have finally worked this out!

I’ve probably said the before in this thread. Wasn’t Ohio covered in ice as recently at 15,000 years ago? Don’t think the warming that caused those glaciers to retreat was caused by man. This planet has been much warmer and much colder throughout its history. Are we possibly contributing to it, assuming it is actually, getting warmer? Of course it’s possible. However, if Mother Nature wants to warm it up, or cool it down, there’s not a damn thing we can about it.

I also remember back in the 70s when the scientists were saying we’d all be dead by now due to the coming ice age that was going to result in mass starvation and global wars.

Personally, I think it’s all about the scientists getting government research dollars. Nothing like predicting a coming catastrophe to open those purse strings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by vee4xu View Post
    Hahaha, this thing is gonna have its 6th birthday in a few months.

Who knows the last time I even paid attention to this thread much less posted on it.

Since I'm here I have one question for all of you keeping this nonsense alive.

Do you think that the shit, piss, trash, refuse, garbage and carbon emissions of 7 billion people, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, year-after-year has zero effect on this world's atmosphere, drinking water and weather patterns?

If you're answer to this very simple question is no, then my response back to is - prove it!!! If you can't prove there is no impact, then that should be the end of the thread.
    Full disclosure:

1. Vee is a classmate of mine; I consider him a friend and someone who thinks clearly; and

2. I've been at a Kentucky Derby party all day (i.e. I possess clarity of thought on an unabashed basis).

With that noted - at least we should all agree that 7 billion people on this rock should be sensitive to being good stewards of this planet.

Screw climate versus weather.

On an unrelated note, our friend from New York - the Congresswoman bartender - was seen this evening holding a sign which read: "quit murdering ducks in order to make duck tape". She is a titan of deep far left thought.
    X A V I E R

These NASA guys must be full of sh...

https://climate.nasa.gov/interactive...e-time-machine
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    I’d be more inclined to listen if it didn’t seem to be a front for communism. Every prescription offered has something to do with centralizing federal power or completely scrapping capitalism or something else equally ridiculous.
    Suggest you listen regardless of your political views. Stand by your views on matters of policy, but to be held to them in a closed-minded way on matters of fact, that's not good. But to ignore to listen ... that's really a big part of the problem (and it goes on with both sides).

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post

Why do you say that? There really isn't any propaganda, it's just presenting facts. - apologize if you agree these are facts and were being sarcastic.
    Last edited by WCWIII; 05-05-2019 at 10:01 AM. Reason: 94Grad's wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    Suggest you listen regardless of your political views. Stand by your views on matters of policy, but to be held to them in a closed-minded way on matters of fact, that's not good. But to ignore to listen ... that's really a big part of the problem (and it goes on with both sides).

Why do you say that? There really isn't any propaganda, it's just presenting facts.
    William, Bobbie forgot to use his sarcasm font when posing this query.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens