Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Tide seems to have turned in this one.

Our defense wishes that had happened so they could get a bigger rest.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

College Football Thread-2013

75 yd TD run by South Carolina.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Tide did not stay turned for long!

Glad I don't have to defend the Big East....err, AAC football anymore. UConn in serious danger of losing to Towson. Then again, us AAC types can really puff out our chests and be proud of what UCF is doing to Akron....right? Right?

Haven't seen Glow around for awhile. Isn't he an Ole Miss fan? I could be in trouble if I got the wrong Miss school.

#87 for Vandy!! Badass.

What the hell just happened? I was busy hatin GuyFawkes and Ol Miss scores!

Good start for the AAC, with UConn losing to a Division 2 school (I know that's not what it's called anymore).

I don't really see how we will be able to know how good Lville is if they go 12-0 with their schedule. No one on their slate is even sniffing the top 25. If UC has a nice start, maybe they can jump into the rankings. But still, more than likely, zero games against the top 15.
    If an Oregon or Alabama type team has 1 loss and has played several ranked teams a piece, I think the BCS standings will have them ahead of Lville. Would love to see a 4-team playoff, but we have another year of this shitty system to get through.

One other thing that jumped out at me...Tennessee has 6 game stretch where these are 5 of the games:
    @ #3 Oregon
    @ #10 FL
    vs #5 GA
    vs #6 SCAR
    @ #1 Bama
    WOW!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblob06 View Post
    Good start for the AAC, with UConn losing to a Division 2 school (I know that's not what it's called anymore).

I don't really see how we will be able to know how good Lville is if they go 12-0 with their schedule. No one on their slate is even sniffing the top 25. If UC has a nice start, maybe they can jump into the rankings. But still, more than likely, zero games against the top 15.
    If an Oregon or Alabama type team has 1 loss and has played several ranked teams a piece, I think the BCS standings will have them ahead of Lville. Would love to see a 4-team playoff, but we have another year of this shitty system to get through.

One other thing that jumped out at me...Tennessee has 6 game stretch where these are 5 of the games:
    @ #3 Oregon
    @ #10 FL
    vs #5 GA
    vs #6 SCAR
    @ #1 Bama
    WOW!
    I don't think it will matter re: Louisville because I doubt they make it through undefeated. They are a very good team and Bridgewater is the truth, but I think people are overrating them a bit. The majority of their hype is based on beating a Florida team who admittedly had packed it in once they got knocked out of the championship race.

Just look at them last year:

They beat North Carolina by 5.
    They beat FIU by 7
    They beat an 0-12 Southern Miss team by 4 (albeit in some of the worst playing conditions ive seen).
    They beat a 3-9 USF team by 2 at home.
    They squeeked by UC by 3 in OT thanks in large part to UC playing the wrong QB
    They got absolutely smoked by Syracuse 45-26.
    They lost to an awful UCONN team who ended up 5-7.
    They squeeked by Rutgers by 3.

That is 6 games last year they won by less than a score and two others they lost that they had no business losing.

Their schedule is weak this year, but it was weak last year too.