Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I hope we can beat out Oakland for his services.
    Yawn. Tillman would be an excellent addition to our class.

I hope we can beat out Oakland for his services.
    Was thinking Michigan more, bummer about Swift. No reason so far not to trust Mack and Co. If swift ends up at Providence then it's fishy, if he ends up at a Texas school then it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    No.
    Plenty of time left to fill out the 2014 class. As of now (I think) we have 2 scholarships available for next year. Banking on Semaj leaving, we'll have 3. Considering the fact that it seems as if we have somebody leave once a year, I'd say when it's all said and done we could have 4 in the 2014 class.

We're in the mix for a bunch of big names. Just gotta hope we get a few of them.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by ken redd View Post
    Is anyone else getting a little concerned about this staff's ability to recruit?
    The Same staff that just LAST year brought in Xavier's highest rated recruit ever?

Nope not at all.

They'll get someone much better at the 4 easily.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Was thinking Michigan more, bummer about Swift. No reason so far not to trust Mack and Co. If swift ends up at Providence then it's fishy, if he ends up at a Texas school then it's not.
    I don't think Swift is going to end up at a school that is even remotely close to the same level as Xavier. People may be recalling his freak athleticism and thinking that we just lost a great prospect, but I really don't think he would've ever seen the light of day in our lineup. I wish the kid luck, but I just don't think he was cut out for Xavier.

Is anyone else getting a little concerned about this staff's ability to recruit?
    I'm not particularly worried, but I WILL feel better after Mack puts a good team that he recruited on the floor. I expect to feel better in about three months.

I'm not particularly worried, but I WILL feel better after Mack puts a good team that he recruited on the floor. I expect to feel better in about three months.
    Well, I guess this year is really his first good chance to do that. I don't really count last year as a fair opportunity for him because of the Wells loss, the fact that Robinson sucked and was really just a last minute signing after what was a bit of a disastrous offseason, and the ineligiblities. This year, Mack can finally show what a team of his guys can look like.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    Well, I guess this year is really his first good chance to do that. I don't really count last year as a fair opportunity for him because of the Wells loss, the fact that Robinson sucked and was really just a last minute signing after what was a bit of a disastrous offseason, and the ineligiblities. This year, Mack can finally show what a team of his guys can look like.
    I'd even say we need to wait til next year. We're still missing a key cog at the 3 (wells) and Mack didn't have someone in place to replace him already... Martin is not that guy. Kamall might be but won't start. Remy will be his guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    The Same staff that just LAST year brought in Xavier's highest rated recruit ever?

Nope not at all.

They'll get someone much better at the 4 easily.

The staff has done a great job with recuiting guards. I was getting a little concerned about our lack of a 4/5. I have heard great things about reynolds so i think i will feel better once the season starts.

The staff has done a great job with recuiting guards. I was getting a little concerned about our lack of a 4/5. I have heard great things about reynolds so i think i will feel better once the season starts.
    We haven't had the forward success that we had in previous years, but I think Reynolds will be a stud. I think Vezenkov could've been a stud too but obviously there were other variables that led to him not coming. Travis Taylor was certainly a successful pick up for the staff, and I think Phillmore and Stainbrook will both prove to be very successful players in the program.