Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Melvin Swift and X part ways

"@BSnowScout: Per sources Xavier and Melvin Swift have parted ways, no longer to be considered a commitment."

On August 12th Melvin tweeted that he was officially committed to X. Guess not. He does have a kid on the way so I wonder if that has something to do with the decision.
    Last edited by THRILLHOUSE; 08-20-2013 at 12:58 PM.

I guess it's hard to be surprised. Something has seemed kind of weird with Swift's commitment for a while. This sucks, though.

Granted, the way this is all worded makes it sound like the decision is either coming from Xavier or is mutual (whatever that might mean).

Melvin Swift and X part ways

I kind of expected this for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    I kind of expected this for a while now.
    Agreed. Bet he winds up at a Texas school. Teenagers with children on the way and moving cross country doesn't seem like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Granted, the way this is all worded makes it sound like the decision is either coming from Xavier or is mutual (whatever that might mean).
    Hmm, maybe it is coming from X:

"@ThatBoySwift: I don't know what's going on about me being uncommitted from Xavier's and I'm trying to find out just like y'all trying to find out"
    Last edited by THRILLHOUSE; 08-20-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    Agreed. Bet he winds up at a Texas school. Teenagers with children on the way and moving cross country doesn't seem like a good idea.
    I obviously don't have any insider info or anything but I kind of got the feeling that this was going to happen even before the having a kid thing sprung up. Don't think the current staff was as high on him as Ashley Howard was...

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post

"@ThatBoySwift: I don't know what's going on about me being uncommitted from Xavier's and I'm trying to find out just like y'all trying to find out"
    If it wasn't his decision, and he found out that he was "uncommited" from Xavier any way other than a conversation with Coach Mack, that's pretty fucked up.

Not to say that's what I believe happened, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post

How many Xaviers did he commit to? Maybe that is the problem...
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Melvin is now tweeting that they "had to drop his scholarship".

Sophomore
    Yeah, that's pretty messed up.