Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Duncan

Josh Duncan

Josh Duncan.jpg

Ran into Josh, wife, & baby at a local Kroger last night and talked w/ him for a few minutes. What a really nice guy. He is headed to Israel in 2 weeks for their season. I think he said this will be his 4th year there. He seems to enjoy it and said the competition is close to the Euro league.

He is also one big dude. I think he looked even stronger from when he was at XU.
    Last edited by Cheesehead; 08-16-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    Zip'em Up!

Sophomore
    I still think he could have been a good NBA role player. Glad to hear he's doing well.

I was always impressed with his work ethic and "can-do" attitude. The guy didn't know the word "can't". Glad to hear everything is going well for him.

I know he's not everyone's favorite on here, but my high school classmate and Dayton Alumn, Brian Roberts, played in Israel for about four years, and then just got picked up by the Hornets last season and played some solid minutes with them. The Israeli league isn't a bad league, and clearly if a Flyer can do it...
    If you think of me, I hope you think of me well and if you drink to me, don't drink cheap - Ken "Firehose" Akers (1/27/85 - 1/22/11)

I miss the days when we had unbelievable 3's/4's. We had an absurdly awesome run with some great talent at that position.
    "I am at this moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip."

Josh Duncan is a great guy. What a senior year he had...

Josh was great. Came away very impressed and learned that our better halves are both MND grads. I told him I enjoyed his career and I Iove hearing about former XU players making some serious coin playing basketball. He just seemed very humble and was thrilled about my interest in him.
    Zip'em Up!

My family traveled to Chicago for the pre-season tournament there (Hoffman Estates, Ill?). It was the one that featured the Indiana team with Jordan Crawford (which we won!) We stayed at the hotel right next door to the arena, where the team stayed as well. We ran into Josh with his parents one day. They were all very gracious, and Josh was very humble. He's a great representative of X.

Thanks for the update, Cheese.

Sophomore
    Josh and his family are great people. I remember seeing his family not only at games but a Deveroes summer league games. His parents were always so nice and friendly.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Duncan was one of my favorites alongside Justin Doellman and Jason Love.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBand View Post
    Duncan was one of my favorites alongside Justin Doellman and Jason Love.
    You've been giving that some serious thought for the last 4 months apparently