Freshman

Projected 10 Seed in new College RPI Bracket

The new bracket has XU projected as a 10 seed playing Syracuse in Round 1 in the New Orleans region at LSU. Then Xavier would get the winner of Baylor and East Tennessee State. Baylor would be an interesting match-up - but they play the entire 40 minutes in fifth gear with the pedal to the floor.

Temple is a No. 11 in the Okla City Region with a first round game against Marist at Purdue. GW gets a No. 5 seed in the Greensboro Region with a first round game against Hartford at Maryland.

Three in for the A-10 at the moment!
    Last edited by Bigbluebrotha; 03-02-2008 at 10:52 AM.

Creme's ESPN updated bracket also has XU still in, a 10 playing DePaul with the right to move on to a likely matchup against #2 LSU in Baton Rouge. He doe not have them in his last four but they might be close. His quote, if you put your mouse over Xavier, is "The Musketeers are by no means safe, especially after a mid week loss to Dayton. But, they still compare favorable to the other bubble teams." Probably means they need to avoid laying a huge egg this wkend, like a game one KO, plus hope the conference leaders hold serve and upsets aren't abound. Temple also in as an 11 and GW still a 5.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology
    Last edited by spongebob; 03-06-2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: forgot bracket

I just click on the "new posts" link now and didn't realize this post was in the women's bracket and my first thought was "what the *&^%$% are people talking about a 10 seed".

xu95

But did you look at the bottom of Jerry Palm's bracket, we're among his "last 4 in"
    Meaning that the spot there is only as solid as XU's performance in Philly.

3 for the A-10?? That would be great, but not holding my breath, not really sure that can happen the way things are lined up in the tourney, but then I'm not really sure how much weight the committee will give to the tournament.