Sophomore

Men's Soccer Preseason #22 in College Soccer News

http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-soc...072413aag.html

What's scary is that #22 is the lowest of the 5 Big East teams that made their preseason top 30. I've said that I thought men's soccer would be the toughest sport for this league. 5 teams ranked 22 or better might support that.

The conference schedule looks especially brutal. Not a bad showing though. Half the league is in the Top 25.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I think it'll be a good season, a lot of talent, especially when you have Hagguland anchoring the defense, and the Walkers running rampant in the midfield. Kind of worried as to who's going to be taking Spencer's share of the goal tally though.

Adding Xavier soccer to my portfolio of Xavier sports that I closely follow (with Men and Women's BBall) has been great. The program is surrounded by great people representing everything I love about Xavier.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I think it'll be a good season, a lot of talent, especially when you have Hagguland anchoring the defense, and the Walkers running rampant in the midfield. Kind of worried as to who's going to be taking Spencer's share of the goal tally though.
    I was hoping Calum Lathum could step into the target spot up top (6'5", 200), but he's out with a hip flexor injury.

I received something in the mail recently where this year they are again going to do the promotion of buying a Xavier soccer scarf gets you into all the games. Looks pretty cool too.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblob06 View Post
    I received something in the mail recently where this year they are again going to do the promotion of buying a Xavier soccer scarf gets you into all the games. Looks pretty cool too.
    I think that started last year. I could only go to 3 games, but $25 for a scarf and admission to 3 games was awesome (not to mention the $2 beers, hopefully that continues).

Quote Originally Posted by blueblob06 View Post
    I've already ordered mine. Even if I can't make the matches, It helps support the team. I will try to make the games in Indiana. Maybe we'll organize an XH day at the Butler game?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook