Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast

Thread: Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    I've also been listening to American Aquarium, Reckless Kelly, and Cody Jinks lately. Check them out if any of you are in to alt-country.
    Check out the new album by Hill Country if you like that sound.

I gladly discovered Cody Jinks this year. He has a heavy catalog of serious music to delve into, including this surprising, now-for-something-completely-different cover of Pink Floyd:

Last edited by American X; 07-26-2021 at 02:47 PM.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Good stuff American X...been of fan of Cody Jinks for a while.

One of my favorite bands if Futurebirds. Love these guys.

One more from Futurebirds...

Brand new Crowded House. It's about damn time.

Been on a big "retrowave" or "synthwave" kick lately. Brings me back to the 80's...

Big fan of Sturgill Simpson's new one "Cutting Grass Vol 1

Jangly and cool bluegrass. https://youtu.be/hAqHz1pQ7gA

Also into the new Killers album
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Big fan of Sturgill Simpson's new one "Cutting Grass Vol 1

Jangly and cool bluegrass. https://youtu.be/hAqHz1pQ7gA

Also into the new Killers album
    For some reason I can't get into Sturgill Simpson. I absolutely love many similar artists though. I'll have to check this one out. I keep hoping it will grab me, as I feel like it's something I 'should' like.

As for the Killers - I think the last 2 albums have been solid, but I keep hoping for another record the caliber of Battle Born from them, and it just hasn't happened for me yet. Still better than 90% of the new music being released these days though.
    Eat Donuts!

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Check out the new album by Hill Country if you like that sound.

I gladly discovered Cody Jinks this year. He has a heavy catalog of serious music to delve into, including this surprising, now-for-something-completely-different cover of Pink Floyd:

Good stuff. I love it when you discover a 'new' artist and then find out that they have like 8 albums for you to dig through. I had a similar experience with Cody Jinks about a year ago when I first heard him.
    Eat Donuts!

Its Bandcamp Friday! If anyone is looking for new music Bandcamp is waiving all their fees so more money will go back to the artists. Awesome way to support the music community that is missing a huge revenue stream with no touring during these crazy times.

Also I am the owner and operator of a vinyl record pressing plant in Chicago. We don't offer tours right now but once this is over if anyone is interested reach out to me and we can try and set something up. http://smashedplastic.com
    "I was in Dayton, Ohio you ever been there? You know what's fun to do there...pack up and get the f#@$ out of there." Dave Attell

Quote Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
    Its Bandcamp Friday! If anyone is looking for new music Bandcamp is waiving all their fees so more money will go back to the artists. Awesome way to support the music community that is missing a huge revenue stream with no touring during these crazy times.

Also I am the owner and operator of a vinyl record pressing plant in Chicago. We don't offer tours right now but once this is over if anyone is interested reach out to me and we can try and set something up. http://smashedplastic.com
    Nice!!

My daughter & her family live in Chi. I'll probably hit you up next thime I'm over there! Thanks!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell