Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast

Thread: Music Thread

Got a recommendation from a buddy about Good Old War

Anybody else heard them? CSNY like apparently.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Not really new, but it's certainly catchy.

This session occurred right after SRV's first album. King is excellent. Together, magic. Enjoy

It’s now been almost 2 years since Tool released Fear Inoculum and I’m still listening to it and enjoying the structure, composition and superb musicianship. IMO it’s the greatest progressive rock album of all time, and that is saying a lot.
    I also saw them at a packed sold out “The Rocket” in Cleve in November 2019 right before the pandemic hit. A mesmerizing concert.
    Also have to give props to Good Old War. A superb acoustic band with great tunes.
    Can’t wait for a flood of new stuff to come out as soon as bands get their support touring plans together. It will be soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    It’s now been almost 2 years since Tool released Fear Inoculum and I’m still listening to it and enjoying the structure, composition and superb musicianship. IMO it’s the greatest progressive rock album of all time, and that is saying a lot.
    I also saw them at a packed sold out “The Rocket” in Cleve in November 2019 right before the pandemic hit. A mesmerizing concert.
    Also have to give props to Good Old War. A superb acoustic band with great tunes.
    Can’t wait for a flood of new stuff to come out as soon as bands get their support touring plans together. It will be soon.
    Seems like a bunch of bands are "reloading". Second time I saw Maynard was at NKU with APC. Brilliant musicians, and perfect sound. I was planning a trip down, way south, to see a plethora of bands I loved in my early years. Don't know if that's going to happen b/c of a few concerns.

MOR, have you ever heard of Night Verses? Specificallly, their drummer, Aric Improta?

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    I’m probably late to the party, but the new Black Pumas album is exceptional.
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Correct, and if you think so, check out the last two Durand Jones & The Indications albums.
    Durand Jones & The Indications have been releasing excellent new songs. Their sound had been a Sam Cooke / Sam & Dave / Otis Redding / 60s vibe. These new songs jump ahead a decade to a funky, groovy 70s vibe.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

...one more new Durand Jones & The Indications:

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    ...one more new Durand Jones & The Indications:

Not bad. For some reason I think of the Gibb brothers without the Disco.

My new latest fave is from Lord Huron. Long Lost is a superb record.

I saw both Lord Huron and Durand Jones perform at the tiny club MOTR in Over the Rhine around 2012-13. Great shows. Haven't heard the latest stuff yet.