Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fox sports 1

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    We've seen this before. It royally sucks, but chances are, at about 10:30pm on August 16th, a deal will be struck. It is in the best interest of both sides to strike a deal.

Then again....we still haven't seen one with the Pac Twelve Network. Not on DirecTV anyway.

Not getting a deal done would be stupid, but you never want to underestimate the power of stupidity in this world.
    My understanding with the Pac Twelve Network is they are insisting they be included in the regular package--and be paid accordingly--whereas DTV wants them only in the Sports upgrade. Fox Sports Networks have generally only been a part of the upgrade package so hopefully that issue isn't a hold-up. I think that's where DTV really digs in its heals.

That's basically the gist of it.

The Pac Twelve wants X amount of money per subscriber. The amount they're asking only makes sense if DirecTV puts it on a premium tier because if they don't they'll have to jack their rates up in order to cover the cost. They'll do this for ESPN, but not Pac Twelve Network.

Speed Network is available to all customers, but they pay less than $0.25 per subscriber, so they can put it on the basic tier. Now, Fox wants over $0.80 per subscriber, which means they're suddenly forking out a ton more money (over three times as much) if they keep it on the basic tier.

That's the dispute, from what I understand. I have no idea what the issue is with the other carriers, but it's probably similar.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Len Elmore has joined CBS Sports HQ.
    Thank Gawd. That guy was the worst analyst on Fox. Get him the hell outta here!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

That's basically the gist of it.

The Pac Twelve wants X amount of money per subscriber. The amount they're asking only makes sense if DirecTV puts it on a premium tier because if they don't they'll have to jack their rates up in order to cover the cost. They'll do this for ESPN, but not Pac Twelve Network.

Speed Network is available to all customers, but they pay less than $0.25 per subscriber, so they can put it on the basic tier. Now, Fox wants over $0.80 per subscriber, which means they're suddenly forking out a ton more money (over three times as much) if they keep it on the basic tier.

That's the dispute, from what I understand. I have no idea what the issue is with the other carriers, but it's probably similar.
    Yunno, I had forgotten all about this. It's amazing how unimportant it now all is. And, DTV still hasn't picked up the Pac 12.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Yunno, I had forgotten all about this. It's amazing how unimportant it now all is. And, DTV still hasn't picked up the Pac 12.
    And Sling still hasn't added back FS1, which is why I no longer have Sling.

2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Would love $8mil a year, and it is plausible with UCONN in the fold, but we also need to do our part and make NCAA tournaments, and some deep runs while we're at it, have a few years to do that and increase conference value, don't see why it can't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Len Elmore has joined CBS Sports HQ.
    Thank Gawd. That guy was the worst analyst on Fox. Get him the hell outta here!!
    He is awful.

Dish has been without regional FoxSports networks for like 2 years now. Thankfully games on FS Ohio have been almost non existent recently

Hopefully the BE keeps all their basketball games on Fox sports national or FS1/2 like last year. The vast majority of services carry those, so it shouldn’t’ be an issue. Think AT&T is the only streamer to carry Fox sports Ohio.