Davidson adds Duke to schedule

Link

According to the Charlotte Observer, the Wildcats have just finished adding ACC members Duke, North Carolina and Virginia to the upcoming slate. For added degree of difficulty, Final Four participant Wichita State will also be on the docket. Add that to a November date with the Charleston Classic, which includes Clemson, Georgia, New Mexico, Temple and UMass. McKillop is said to be looking for a date with Gonzaga as well.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Link

According to the Charlotte Observer, the Wildcats have just finished adding ACC members Duke, North Carolina and Virginia to the upcoming slate. For added degree of difficulty, Final Four participant Wichita State will also be on the docket. Add that to a November date with the Charleston Classic, which includes Clemson, Georgia, New Mexico, Temple and UMass. McKillop is said to be looking for a date with Gonzaga as well.
    Well that's going from zero to ten pretty quickly! Good for them.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Davidson should be good this year, but they are kind of rebuilding a bit. That's some really deep water. Wow.

I assume Charlotte will also be on the schedule, who will also be good.

Their OOC SOS was #16 last year. it will likely be top ten this year. Duke, UNC, Virginia, Wichita State, Gonzaga, Charlotte and the Charleston Classic. Holy Crap!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Davidson should be good this year, but they are kind of rebuilding a bit. That's some really deep water. Wow.

I assume Charlotte will also be on the schedule, who will also be good.

Their OOC SOS was #16 last year. it will likely be top ten this year. Duke, UNC, Virginia, Wichita State, Gonzaga, Charlotte and the Charleston Classic. Holy Crap!!
    If they survive that schedule they may be a sleeper pick in the tourney. Will definitely be battle tested.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

For sure. In fact, could you even call them a sleeper?? If they win half those games and then don't stub their toes too many times in conference play they'll most likely end up safely inside the bubble.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lost all of them, though. I'm a huge fan of Davidson's program and think they have done a lot to build themselves up, but that's a brutal schedule. They match up well against Virginia, but that's still a hard game to win. Even if the lose all of them, it won't hurt them too badly. They'll just need to win their conference to get in, which is no different than in the past. So....why not play a gauntlet??

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    For sure. In fact, could you even call them a sleeper?? If they win half those games and then don't stub their toes too many times in conference play they'll most likely end up safely inside the bubble.

I wouldn't be surprised if they lost all of them, though. I'm a huge fan of Davidson's program and think they have done a lot to build themselves up, but that's a brutal schedule. They match up well against Virginia, but that's still a hard game to win. Even if the lose all of them, it won't hurt them too badly. They'll just need to win their conference to get in, which is no different than in the past. So....why not play a gauntlet??
    They're the A-10's new Temple? Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    They're the A-10's new Temple? Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime.
    Looks that way.