Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justin Doellman

Don't worry '87-- some of us got it the first time
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    Don't worry '87-- some of us got it the first time
    Sorry, if I had said "only in Madrid", would that have been more clear? My bad, then. When it's obvious (if only in my mind) I didn't see the need for a sarcasm font.

(But have you been to Batavia? Pretty sweet!)
    Last edited by xu82; 06-23-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Sorry, if I had said "only in Madrid", would that have been more clear? My bad, then. When it's obvious (if only in my mind) I didn't see the need for a sarcasm font.

(But have you been to Batavia? Pretty sweet!)
    My Grandpa lived in Batavia eons ago (actually East Batavia Heights). I'm a grandpa now with one of my grandkids a college grad himself. Batavia isn't now what it used to be.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    Fun to see some differences compared with college ball and the NBA. Wider court means things are more open and it is much more one-on-one.
    In what sense is the court wider? I'm assuming that the Spanish league uses a FIBA court...and the FIBA court is a foot shorter and narrower than the NBA/NCAA court.

Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    My Grandpa lived in Batavia eons ago (actually East Batavia Heights). I'm a grandpa now with one of my grandkids a college grad himself. Batavia isn't now what it used to be.
    I haven't really been there since I was a kid (and I'm not even sure why), but I'm sure it's not Madrid.

I wonder what Justin makes over there? Hope it's a boatload. Loved watching him run that baseline looking for an open shot from the corner.

Good question Smileyy ... it was mostly an impression that the court looked wider due to the more one-on-one. I'll have to look up official dimensions.

And to my friend XU-87 ("hey, I'm at Wrigley already sitting at the bar, why aren't you here immediately?"), I happen to visit Batavia most everyday for work ... Batavia IL, that is. Two more days in Zaragoza and then back to Madrid for the flight home.

Unfortunately for Justin and his Barcelona teammmates, they fell 3 straight to Real Madrid. Justin clearly shined, but not enough to bring home a title.

I'm pretty sure in Europe the three point line is closer than it is in the NBA, so it might at least give off the appearance of a wider court. I guess one of us could look this all up to get a definitive answer, but I'm #teamlazy.
    Coach Mack, "My wife thinks I'm strange for drinking Capri Suns. I think its strange they don't make them bigger than 6oz."

[QUOTE=WCWIII;508169]
    And to my friend XU-87 ("hey, I'm at Wrigley already sitting at the bar, why aren't you here immediately?"),

QUOTE]

sissy.

Basketball court dimension info from wiki - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basket...mensions_table

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I remember when we got the commitment from the unrated big white kid from Ryle. I was not particularly excited by that commitment.
    I remember thinking the same thing when we got the unrated big white kid from Georgetown- Brian Grant.