Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justin Doellman

JD has taken his MVP and made a move.

http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/s...-doellman.html

Barcelona is a great city.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

from Fellamuskie:
    Barcelona (13-6, 5th in Spain's Liga Endesa; 3-2, 3rd in Euroleague Top 16 Group E)

11.7 pts, 4.7 rebs, 1.6 asts

Doellman made a big move this summer, signing with Barcelona, one of Europe's top clubs. He's one of the top scorers and second in minutes. A top-50 player in Europe, maybe even higher.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

I loved Doellman at XU. Extremely sound fundamentally. Did everything well. Underrated as hell.
    Zip'em Up!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    from Fellamuskie:
    Barcelona (13-6, 5th in Spain's Liga Endesa; 3-2, 3rd in Euroleague Top 16 Group E)

11.7 pts, 4.7 rebs, 1.6 asts

Doellman made a big move this summer, signing with Barcelona, one of Europe's top clubs. He's one of the top scorers and second in minutes. A top-50 player in Europe, maybe even higher.
    Probably higher. He's really, really good at basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    I loved Doellman at XU. Extremely sound fundamentally. Did everything well. Underrated as hell.
    I remember when we got the commitment from the unrated big white kid from Ryle. I was not particularly excited by that commitment. Turned out pretty well!

All the guys on those teams complimented each other so well. I'm glad to hear they're all doing so well.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Happened to be in Madrid last Sunday and went to see Justin lead Barcelona versus Real Madrid in the Spanish finals. Justin was terrific in the losing effort. Barcelona was down 20 early, Justin tried to be a one man show, but it ended 100-80 Madrid.

Fun to see some differences compared with college ball and the NBA. Wider court means things are more open and it is much more one-on-one. Shooters, when they took good shots, had nice form and Redford-esque swishes. However, there was a quite a bit of drive into traffic and put up an off-balance shot and an occasional "what were you thinking" on an errant pass or other play ... the NBA it's not and European football it's not. The good plays were appreciated by the crowd. Crowd was quite lively especially the "berzerkers" who cheered the entire game. Justin's play was noticeably more calm and controlled than some of the other players. He finished with a cool 24.

It was just something fun I happened to be able to do. Glad for Doellman and our Xavier professionals, but I bet Justin wishes he wasn't down 0-2 in the best of 5 series.

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    Happened to be in Madrid last Sunday
    Show off.

I was in Batavia last week. You don't see me bragging about it.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Show off.

I was in Batavia last week. You don't see me bragging about it.
    He was only in Madrid.... you were in Batavia? The real Batavia? Really? Please tell us about that!

Justin was always one of my favorites. It began when he took a cheap shot to the chops and got bloodied up pretty badly in his first year or two. Came back later in the game, which I didn't expect. Tough kid with a great game.

Edit: for clarity.
    Last edited by xu82; 06-23-2015 at 07:21 PM.