Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    Haha. I'll root for the Indians over the Phillies any day. I'm not hating either. Cleveland fans know the kind of pain that only few other towns' fans understand, and unfortunately, Washington is one of those towns. But let's be realistic. Hyping up the Indians this time of year is so genuinely daytonesque, it might as well hump watermelons. If you resurrect this thread in September and the Indians are still rolling, I will be the first one in here to commend your town on a good baseball season. I don't think they have a good enough roster to stay in the race, personally. That's not me hating, that's me being realistic. The cold, hard fact is that Cleveland's professional sports franchises are bad at this period in world history. I know how it feels.
    Actually, this is a whole new team with legit players like Swisher, Michael Bourne and Reynolds. Solid bench too with Rayburn and Aviles. Good defense with Stubbs and Brantley. Young talent like Yan Gomes and Kipnis. A very good bullpen and a true Winning Manager in Francona. Only question is the 4th and 5th starters...they are young, but talented.

This is a team that was put together well.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Actually, this is a whole new team with legit players like Swisher, Michael Bourne and Reynolds. Solid bench too with Rayburn and Aviles. Good defense with Stubbs and Brantley. Young talent like Yan Gomes and Kipnis. A very good bullpen and a true Winning Manager in Francona. Only question is the 4th and 5th starters...they are young, but talented.

This is a team that was put together well.
    Also, The Indians, who improved to 18- 4 since April 28, are 7-1 this season against Cy Young recipients.

How is success agianst the best, related to Dayton in any fashion? Those UD comparisons are fighting words!

Truthfully, the last couple games have really showed how speed on the base paths puts so much pressure on defensive. Kipnis, Stubbs, Bourne and Brantley can motor, and they have all turned routine outs, into 50/50 plays.

I'm glad Choo for Bauer and Stubbs seemed to work for both teams...

Reds v. Tribe soon!
    Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise!

I'm really happy the Tribe is in first place, but can we layoff the caps? It just makes my life even more depressing.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    I'm really happy the Tribe is in first place, but can we layoff the caps? It just makes my life even more depressing.
    PMI just got me riled up and I emotionally lashed out.

All good. I'm Mr. Positivity and have blooming Love for all Mankind.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    PMI just got me riled up and I emotionally lashed out.

All good. I'm Mr. Positivity and have blooming Love for all Mankind.
    It's just what I do.

I am aware of Cleveland's roster. Have picked up a few of them in spots in my fantasy league. The Indians seem to be the smartest franchise of the three teams in town, whatever that means. But they're in a division with the Tigers, so I can't see them winning the pennant. The Royals are also a team with some nice young talent. Personally, I don't see a wild card team coming out of the Central. I guess we'll see. In any case, it's still way, way too early for this thread. You give the Caps shit for being frauds due to their failures in the postseason (quite a bit unreasonably for what it's worth) yet you are ready to praise an Indians team that's been far less successful of late, this early in the year. That was why I gave the dayton comparison.

I'll tell you what, if either of us lives long enough to see it, then whatever city between DC and Cleveland wins a title first, the other one can buy all the pre game beers at the next X game we're both at afterwards. I'll give you 4:3 odds even, since Cleveland has no hockey team.

MOR, time for you to put your money where your mouth is. This would be right up your alley.

https://www.charitybuzz.com/categori.../344200?ref=45

First in the division, but last in fan support...at the gate. Really, 16K for a game with the Tigers and Verlander on the mound? OK, it rained. That's what they invented beer and brats for.

I think the Horseshoe is going to kill both downtown sports franchises.

Oh, Tigers took the opener.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    First in the division, but last in fan support...at the gate. Really, 16K for a game with the Tigers and Verlander on the mound? OK, it rained. That's what they invented beer and brats for.

I think the Horseshoe is going to kill both downtown sports franchises.

Oh, Tigers took the opener.
    Guys lay off the attendance issue. This franchise has been in first in few months only see them tank as the season wears on. People are not going to invest until they see something a little more. Like first place in late July.

90% of baseball attendance is based on whether your team is a winner. Nothing else matters. Just the way it is.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Not to rile you up any more MOR, but if my memory serves me correct, the Tribe beat the Phillies 3 out of 4, not 4 out of 5. Oh well, with LaSuck out of the league, you must have found a new target. Good luck to your featherheads the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    Guys lay off the attendance issue. This franchise has been in first in few months only see them tank as the season wears on. People are not going to invest until they see something a little more. Like first place in late July.

90% of baseball attendance is based on whether your team is a winner. Nothing else matters. Just the way it is.
    In Cleveland that may be true......but not in many many other MLB cities.

The Tigers regularly drew 2M as mediocre teams in freakin creakin Tiger Stadium. Plenty of Midwest examples: Chicago Cubs......St. Louis, Cincinnati.....where fans are loyal and love the game. Boston and Philly also come to mind.

The Orioles also contradict this analysis......despite upgrades to Camden Yard and a competitive team.

The logic breaks down even in Cleveland. If fans only want to see winners, why wouldnt 15-9 at home plus hated Tigers plus Cy Young/MVP winner draw the fans out? If you can't at least love your team when they are winning, even if they are going to swoon in August, it's pretty pathetic, and not just my opinion...... http://ballparkdigest.com/2012051348...tendance-stats
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.