Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Crosstown Shootout: Dec 14

@Eiser_XU_Sports: 2013 Skyline Chili Crosstown Classic benefiting the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center is set for Sat., Dec. 14 at U.S. Bank Arena

FWIW, the last day of finals for students is Dec. 19.
    Last edited by BMoreX; 05-08-2013 at 10:53 AM.

The Saturday before finals. Nice.

It's the weekend after the major conference football championship games, so it's kind of the first weekend college hoops has the spotlight to itself. Also, because it is right before finals, many teams are hesitant to schedule a heavyweight.

Hopefully we get a brighter national spotlight than what we're used to.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Back to a Saturday. That's a good start. Hopefully it's at night.

At least the students are still on campus for this one, hopefully XU buses the students down there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    It's the weekend after the major conference football championship games, so it's kind of the first weekend college hoops has the spotlight to itself...Hopefully we get a brighter national spotlight than what we're used to.
    Great, let's make it a noon game and let the fight begin

As mentioned in another thread, if you go on GoXavier.com to renew your season tickets, it allows you to purchase Shootout tickets at the same time.

According to this, the Shootout will be at 7:00 PM on Dec 14th. Also, the price breakdown (at least for getting them from XU when renewing season tix) is:
    Floor Seats - $125
    Lower Level near midcourt - $75
    Lower Level corner/end or Upper Lever near midcourt - $50
    Upper Level side/corner/end - $35

Same prices as last year - same game time too, despite them saying the game time and TV is yet to be decided. I wouoldn;t put too much stock ina 7pm start, aren't Saturday games on the even hours?

Is it assigning you seats for Crosstown as you buy, or is it like last year - "tell us the highest seating level you will accept" and we'll assign seats at a later date.
    - David Bowers ('95)

Quote Originally Posted by coasterville95 View Post
    Same prices as last year - same game time too, despite them saying the game time and TV is yet to be decided. I wouoldn;t put too much stock ina 7pm start, aren't Saturday games on the even hours?

Is it assigning you seats for Crosstown as you buy, or is it like last year - "tell us the highest seating level you will accept" and we'll assign seats at a later date.
    The setup appears to be like last year because I acted like I was gonna buy them and then on the next page it asked if you are willing to sit somewhere else if the level you chose is filled. Can't say for sure though because I didn't complete the order.

Of course it's right before finals. We wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to limit the amount of crazy Xavier kids getting too rowdy and starting brawls. This rivalry has become a joke.

Crosstown Shootout: Dec 14

Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    Of course it's right before finals. We wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to limit the amount of crazy Xavier kids getting too rowdy and starting brawls. This rivalry has become a joke.
    As a Xavier student from Maryland, I am much happier with this date than last year. I think the same would go for many out of town students.

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    As a Xavier student from Maryland, I am much happier with this date than last year. I think the same would go for many out of town students.
    Don't get me wrong, I would be too. I was just taking a shot at the whole thing. I just can't stop shaking my head at what this game has become due to the biggest overreaction in the history of college sports.