Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A10's Future

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    You'll use just about any excuse I've noticed to get out of Wichita.
    No doubt. I'm so desperate to get away that I'm going to Bogota this weeekend. Bogota!

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    This is going to sound very flip, and I really don't mean it to, but since we moved on to the Big East, I have no idea who is remaining in the A10 and could really care less.

Anyone else feel this way? I have no idea who will be the favorite, who will suck because Fordham, and I don't care if LaSalle makes it back to the dance or who's ass Phil Martelli will now kiss while his teams get their's handed to them.
    For some strange reason, I do care. Mainly because of Dayton due to how pathetic their program and fan base has been and continues to be.

By the way, I found it amusing that, in reading an article about the "A10's Future", Dayton was not mentioned or alluded to once in the first 21 posts.
    Last edited by pimpinthebox; 05-03-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Pimp

I could be wrong, but I think the venom for Dayton will quickly fade. Right now there is no team that moves the needle more than Dayton. In about a year, people just won't care anymore.

I think Dayton will continue to be what they have been. A snake pit at home, overall a middle of the pack most of the time, and occasionally a tournament caliber team.

I think VCU will be relevant in the same way that Xavier was. So, you're typical A10 year it will be two, three or four solid teams, with VCU almost always being one of them.

I think the league will be about as good as it was before, and maybe even slightly better.
    Last edited by xubrew; 05-03-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

According to Dick Vitale's preseason top forty, which I guess he initially posts in the month of May, VCU is ranked higher than anyone from either the Atlantic Ten or the Big East. The fact that Dick Vitale has them ranked so high is making me question how good they're going to be. When you agree with Dick Vitale, there is a good chance you're wrong.

UMass and La Salle also crack his rankings.

For what it's worth (which I don't believe to be much), the Atlantic Ten has more Dick Vitale top forty teams in may than the New Big East, and the teams they have are ranked higher.

http://espn.go.com/espn/dickvitale/s...top-40-2013-14
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I am not sure what to think of the future of the A-10 to be honest with you. St. Louis media has pretty much written off the Big East talk (partially because the Blues, Cardinals, and Rams draft have all happened since the season ended). I think it'll be a pretty good league. If it isn't, well, stuff happens.

The Big East will be really good for you guys. Now go win it.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    According to Dick Vitale's preseason top forty, which I guess he initially posts in the month of May, VCU is ranked higher than anyone from either the Atlantic Ten or the Big East. The fact that Dick Vitale has them ranked so high is making me question how good they're going to be. When you agree with Dick Vitale, there is a good chance you're wrong.

UMass and La Salle also crack his rankings.

For what it's worth (which I don't believe to be much), the Atlantic Ten has more Dick Vitale top forty teams in may than the New Big East, and the teams they have are ranked higher.

http://espn.go.com/espn/dickvitale/s...top-40-2013-14
    Again, understand what you'll hear- from anyone connected with ESPN. No Big East TV contract, no pimping- especially when they are competing with Fox Sports 1.

ESPN will diss the hell out of the Big East now.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Again, understand what you'll hear- from anyone connected with ESPN. No Big East TV contract, no pimping- especially when they are competing with Fox Sports 1.

ESPN will diss the hell out of the Big East now.
    The revenge of ESPN. They are going to do everything they can to hamper the Big East.