Men's Soccer: Xavier vs Notre Dame - Down Syndrome Awareness Game

Hey guys, this Saturday (4/20) at 7:30 PM the highly rated men's team is playing another great program in Notre Dame at the Xavier soccer field, for the 2nd Annual Down Syndrome Awareness Spring Classic. Last year they played Akron, and had a huge turn out. Xavier has been playing pretty well this spring so far, with wins over Louisville, and defending national champion Indiana, a tie against Bowling Green, and a loss to Akron. This wraps up the Spring Season for them, admission is $5 and all proceeds will benefit "Devin's Team" as part of the Down Syndrome Association of Greater Cincinnati's Buddy Walk! So if you guys could come down and give them some support it would be awesome, because this team is DAMN GOOD.

Plan to be in town and will help represent Chicago.

It's been great to see them in Chi town vs Northwestern the last couple years. Now the Big East and DePaul, Marquette!

Soccer Enthusiasts at Xavier.

Who won?

Re: Men's Soccer: Xavier vs Notre Dame - Down Syndrome Awareness Game

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Who won?
    According to twitter the men lost 5-2

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Nice article on Andy Fleming and his daughter in the Xavier magazine that came today.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

What about the Indiana game? I thought we were supposed to be good this year?

First half was almost a nearly perfect half and Xavier took the 2-0 lead. They gave up one near the end of the half to make it 2-1. Xavier completely controlled the tempo, took way better shots, and seemed to win most of the one on one match-ups despite being outsized. A couple of the Xavier players could really turn on the afterburners. Second half ... not so good, like the chill in the air, and it ended 5-2. Very good crowd.

I overheard Coach Flemming speak to the players after the game. Totally, the Xavier mentality ... loose the game, but win in the bigger picture (a great night for Down Syndrom Awareness). He thought this team would have made the NCAAs if there were a selection for the Spring schedule (win over IU, for instance). Suggest all Muskie faithful make an attempt in the Fall to attend a Xavier soccer game. Coming to a Big East city near you.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    What about the Indiana game? I thought we were supposed to be good this year?
    Spring schedule is hard to find admittedly. I thought I remember us beating IU? Or would we have played them again this past weekend?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook