Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar

Tarik Black to Transfer-Eligible NOW

Would you want him?

He's graduating in May and ala Andre Walker can play next season.

6:9 260 lbs.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Yes?
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Will he be as good as Andre Walker?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Will he be as good as Andre Walker?
    Is this a trick question?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Is this a trick question?
    Sorta?

Also do we play Memphis next year? It looks like he will not be allowed a transfer to a team on their schedule. I can't remember if we've finished that series.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Everything I've seen says it was just a 2 year series.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvAlbert View Post
    Everything I've seen says it was just a 2 year series.
    I saw that as well. I feel as if we've played them more than 2 times though? I'm too lazy to check the stack of media guides in my office (I'm simply waiting on MOR to log on and set me straight).

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

We've just played them twice in regularly scheduled games. We also beat them in Puerto Rico (?) in the finals of a holiday tournament.

Should have won all three.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    We've just played them twice in regularly scheduled games. We also beat them in Puerto Rico (?) in the finals of a holiday tournament.

Should have won all three.
    As far as the better than Andre Walker question. It gives me pause that he apparently just walked out of practice one day and Pastner saw fit to cut his minutes. We'll have a young impressionable team next season, and without knowing the specifics of his situation, I'm not sure how I feel.

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    As far as the better than Andre Walker question. It gives me pause that he apparently just walked out of practice one day and Pastner saw fit to cut his minutes. We'll have a young impressionable team next season, and without knowing the specifics of his situation, I'm not sure how I feel.
    I agree with Muskie in that I would only want him if he is going to set a good example for the younger players.

Let's be honest here: Tarik Black probably isn't the missing piece that is going to take next year's team on a deep run. I would be more inclined to take Tarik Black in a situation like 2 years ago when we had very good guards but needed a forward badly. Next year will still be something of a rebuilding year, and I am more interested in building a strong nucleus of young players that buy into the system and each other.

That being said if he doesn't have attitude or effort issues he is a good player and would definitely help the team.
    Eat Donuts!