Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MD Muskie View Post
    a friend and I were discussing this video last night. Pretty darn funny. One question is, what movie was this video from?
    Downfall. Great movie.

I think VCU has a shot at being the next add for the BE vs UD. STL is probably a lock becuase of Creighton. East Coast schools will want to have a 50/50 split amongst the Midwest "division" and them. Marquette pushed hard to get the Blue Jays in. Gtown could say "give us a Richmond team." VCU crushed a weak Akron. My guess is would be pretty easy to invite VCU (especially over UD) if they have a great run in the tourney.

The problem is that VCU is a larger public school which doesn't really fit the profile of the league. Butler is public but they are smaller. Both have very good basketball programs though.

Just don't see VCU. Personally I just don't see Richmond making an impact and they really don't have a rich basketball history. UD is just too close to Xavier. Xavier doesn't want this in regards to recruiting, both for basketball and academics.

Of VCU, Richmond, and UD, Richmond probably gets the nod even though I'd rather see someone else.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    The problem is that VCU is a larger public school which doesn't really fit the profile of the league. Butler is public but they are smaller. Both have very good basketball programs though.
    Butler is private.

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Of VCU, Richmond, and UD, Richmond probably gets the nod even though I'd rather see someone else.
    There's really not a great No. 12 solution. Richmond and Dayton have their problems. VCU and other public schools don't fit the mold.

The ideal 12th team (with St. Louis) would be Wake Forest if they were to de-emphasize football. Checks all of the boxes - basketball tradition, location, small private school. I cannot imagine that happening, however.

Maybe Delaney will de-emphasize it for them.
    That would give me an X game within spitting distance.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by danaandvictory View Post
    There's really not a great No. 12 solution. Richmond and Dayton have their problems. VCU and other public schools don't fit the mold.

The ideal 12th team (with St. Louis) would be Wake Forest if they were to de-emphasize football. Checks all of the boxes - basketball tradition, location, small private school. I cannot imagine that happening, however.
    Wake is not going to de-emphasize football. That's not going to happen. It pays too many bills to give it up. Look at IU and Duke, they are historically, going back to the 40's, two of the worst football teams in the history of college football. That doesn't stop them from cashing those checks they get from their conferences for football.

This may give you guys a chuckle.

Happened to stumble over this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ1cwq8-SBQ

This may give you guys a chuckle.

Up to 3,972 views now. Mind you 3,900 of them came from posters on Xavier Hoops and Muskie Madness.

Wait till the Big East starts looking at those membership applications. What if they find some that are more appealing than theirs.
    - David Bowers ('95)

Ok, I'm going to be the ass here, but do we really need 17 different threads with the same youtube video?