Page 97 of 114 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East News

They're just taking a huge step backwards, I mean at least the G'Town teams when we first joined the league had talent, DRS, Copeland, etc. These days it seems like G'Town aren't making many waves in terms of recruiting, or development on the court. It's just painful to watch a program implode like this from numerous stupid decisions.

On the one hand, you wonder how motivated they are at the administrative level, given their stature and endowment. Yet thinking that becoming Johns Hopkins, the U of Chicago or an Ivy is A way to go isn't all that swift, in my opinion. Right or wrong, a successful athletic program is a boon for a well run school.

On the other hand, I suspect they still care, but are too locked into the Thompson legacy. The craziest twist with that one is in wondering how much JTII was responsible for the private funding that ended up building their new athletic complex. The Hoyas take a major step forward on the facilities front, but are forced to take multiple steps backward, because they allow the old man too much influence over the program.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    That is a chickensh*t move.

Especially if you fancy yourself the kind of program georgetown does.

G'Town fans were the biggest crybabies when the Big East basketball schools separated from the football schools. Acted like they were too good for what resulted after alignment. So I'm enjoying their current misery.

Junior
    In a way, Gtown is like the football team that was playing for a conference title, loses and is sent to a lesser bowl game. Their heart isn't in it, and they get their ass kicked. You can either be like Villanova and kick everyone's ass, or you can be Georgetwn and just give up.

2023 Sweet 16

X: Xavier deserves more love
    Lost in the conversations about Kentucky, Duke, Louisville, North Carolina and others this offseason was the abundance of talent returning for Chris Mack. Xavier, an Elite Eight team last season, boasts Trevon Bluiett, a likely preseason All-American, J.P. Macura, a strong recruiting class and UW-Green Bay transfer Kerem Kanter.
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-offseason-far
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Junior
    As nice as that write-up is, I'm pretty sure we own the letter "X" in these types of articles.
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    As nice as that write-up is, I'm pretty sure we own the letter "X" in these types of articles.
    How dare you count out Xenon International School of Hair Design???

"He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook