Page 55 of 114 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East News

Of course McDermott drills a three with 2 seconds left.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides

Providence down 16 at home to St. John's at half. Still early, but there is a good possibility we will be seeing an angry Providence team this weekend. If St Johns plays to their talent level look out for them down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by XU3232 View Post
    Providence down 16 at home to St. John's at half. Still early, but there is a good possibility we will be seeing an angry Providence team this weekend. If St Johns plays to their talent level look out for them down the stretch.
    If Providence comes in angry, I presume we will come in furious.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    If Providence comes in angry, I presume we will come in furious.
    Have we determined if the team is OK with the 3pm EST start? I know they chose to protest the early 12:00pm EST start vs Seton Hall by not giving a shit, so we are certain that they will be OK with 3pm?
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Butler decided to have another bad year tonight.

They were up by 10 in the second half and Marquette came back to take them out handedly.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Butler decided to have another bad year tonight.

They were up by 10 in the second half and Marquette came back to take them out handedly.
    Which is good, since Marquette still has a minor probability of making the tournament (not to mention being a decent win), whereas Butler has no hope. The one problem with Butler though is Xavier better not lose at their place, since it will probably be a bad loss. Of course, Xavier isn't in a position to lose many games, period.

Quote Originally Posted by XUFan09 View Post
    Which is good, since Marquette still has a minor probability of making the tournament (not to mention being a decent win), whereas Butler has no hope. The one problem with Butler though is Xavier better not lose at their place, since it will probably be a bad loss. Of course, Xavier isn't in a position to lose many games, period.
    Xavier absolutely must win at Butler on Tuesday, though the likelihood of that happening is not so tremendous.

Quote Originally Posted by kyxu View Post
    Xavier absolutely must win at Butler on Tuesday, though the likelihood of that happening is not so tremendous.
    They definitely need to win that game, unfortunately Butler and their fans will be treating that game how UD would treat that game. I really hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling they will lose that one. This is a different team when they play on the road most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by XU3232 View Post
    They definitely need to win that game, unfortunately Butler and their fans will be treating that game how UD would treat that game. I really hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling they will lose that one. This is a different team when they play on the road most of the time.
    Yep, and like a game at UD Arena, expect Butler to shoot very well.

Why are there two Big East games tomorrow night? Seems a bit odd.