Page 11 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East News

Interesting stuff from the Omaha World Herald.

Big East games every night of the week? Probably.

http://www.omaha.com/article/2013040...-at-final-four
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Big East News

"It's kind of like in the Valley - ESPN owns our TV rights, but it chooses to sell the championship game of our tournament to CBS," Rasmussen said. "I would be shocked if you don't see Big East games on ESPN and some of the other cable entities."

Interesting. Also interesting that he mentioned a new logo. I don't really get why they would want to do that.

Pesonally I don't really want to be part of the Old Big East. I want to be part of the New Big East. This is a new era. Bigger Basketball, Better Basketball, Badder Basketball.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Pesonally I don't really want to be part of the Old Big East. I want to be part of the New Big East. This is a new era. Bigger Basketball, Better Basketball, Badder Basketball.
    Please, not "Badder"! I've had enough of those SucKS-esque 46-44 slugfests.

Peeve of day - headline announcing Tulsa to the Big East.

Yes, technically as of 4/3/12, that is a true headline, but very misleading in that they will never play a game under the "Big East" banner. Plus, it may confuse the tourist into thinking the NBE just signed on Tulsa.

So, apparently we don't get the name until 7/1/13, which may explain why there was no merchandise available yet. New logo may be mandadated by the seperaration. I have not yet found a web presense for an official NBE website yet, though I suspect that is low down on the totem pole of things to get done at this point.
    - David Bowers ('95)

I guess Big East women's basketball is not overrated. 75% of the women's Final Four are from the Big East. Granted, none of them will play in the Big East we're joining.

Louisville won the Sugar Bowl, is in both the men's and women's Final Fours and has accepted an invitation to the ACC. It will be kind of strange seeing that program in the America's 12 next year.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I guess Big East women's basketball is not overrated. 75% of the women's Final Four are from the Big East. Granted, none of them will play in the Big East we're joining.

Louisville won the Sugar Bowl, is in both the men's and women's Final Fours and has accepted an invitation to the ACC. It will be kind of strange seeing that program in the America's 12 next year.
    If that's how your judging it the Old Big East isn't too shabby either with 2 of the 4 final four teams on the men's side. Like the women's side though, neither of those teams will be in the Big East we're joining.
    Last edited by casualfan; 04-03-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Every conference seems to be overrated since there are teams in almost all conferences that did not make the Final Four.

However, despite making the Final Four, conferences can still be overrated, because during the course of the tournament, teams from any conference will lose, maybe in an upset. However said teams from conferences that beat said overrated conferences will eventually become overrated themselves, since they could lose to another or said beaten conference.

Here's some numbers if you wanted to rate the current Big East which of course has been overrated.

Pitt (-9) Even though they lost to WSU, who as we found out, should have been a 2 seed having reached the Final Four.
    Syracuse (+2) with reaching the Final Four, however, by beating Indiana, it showed that Indiana was way overrated as a 1 seed, if Syrcacuse had played a proper 1 seed like the 1987 LA Lakers, they would have lost, increasing their score to an overall +16.
    Marquette (-8) For demonstrating how overseeded they were by scoring only 39 points against another overseeded Syracuse team who only got a 4 seed due to the fact they play the RPI game.
    Louisville (0) they won as a number 1 seed.

So adding it up, for the 12th straight year the Big East is overrated by a score of -27.

Pretty simple really.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by coasterville95 View Post
    Peeve of day - headline announcing Tulsa to the Big East.

Yes, technically as of 4/3/12, that is a true headline, but very misleading in that they will never play a game under the "Big East" banner. Plus, it may confuse the tourist into thinking the NBE just signed on Tulsa.

So, apparently we don't get the name until 7/1/13, which may explain why there was no merchandise available yet. New logo may be mandadated by the seperaration. I have not yet found a web presense for an official NBE website yet, though I suspect that is low down on the totem pole of things to get done at this point.
    Or like this?

Big East MBB ‏@BigEastMBB 40m
    Congratulations to @ecupiratehoops on winning the http://bit.ly/drZIDd Tournament championship last night http://bit.ly/YvTul5

They're not even joining until 2014 and they're tweeting about ECU!

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
    If that's how your judging it the Old Big East isn't too shabby either with 2 of the 4 final four teams on the men's side......neither of those teams will be in the Big East we're joining.
    And neither of those teams will be in the American Metropolitan Conglomerate of Northern Southwest Institutions of the East that SucKS is stuck in either. They will be in the ACC either next year or 2014, sowhat's the point?