Page 104 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1140

Thread: Big East News

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Is this rule of thumb written down somewhere? I have never heard this before and I follow the draft every year.
    How many seniors that have been drafted over the last five years weren't invited to play at Portsmouth? Maybe I should have said unwritten rule, but my premise is correct. If they weren't invited, and I am assuming they weren't if they aren't playing, they have no chance of getting drafted.

xu95

There were some reports that JP and Trevon were on teams there; but no longer the case.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    There were some reports that JP and Trevon were on teams there; but no longer the case.
    Right, and as I said earlier, if they were invited but declined to go, that was a stupid move on their part.

xu95

Sophomore
    Looking at the players hard to believe they were not invited. I get more confused all the time on the draft and what teams want. When people tell me Collin Sexton is a better prospect than Brunson we can't be talking about the same sport. I don't know if any of these players could make an NBA team which is all the more amazing given our success. We never had a person with the one on one skill to take over end of game like Kyron Cartwright(who is also not on the roster). That one on one player insures no turnovers, a decent shot, floor balance and the chance of an offensive rebound.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    Looking at the players hard to believe they were not invited. I get more confused all the time on the draft and what teams want. When people tell me Collin Sexton is a better prospect than Brunson we can't be talking about the same sport. I don't know if any of these players could make an NBA team which is all the more amazing given our success. We never had a person with the one on one skill to take over end of game like Kyron Cartwright(who is also not on the roster). That one on one player insures no turnovers, a decent shot, floor balance and the chance of an offensive rebound.
    Not really hard to figure out...NBA teams want athleticism and height...if you don't have one or both of those, you better be an absolute stud of a shooter who can get your own shot off.

Sexton is ridiculously athletic and can get to the rim...Brunson cant, at least not at the NBA level.

Quote Originally Posted by novachap View Post
    My gut says they both test the water, don't hire an agent and come back, but I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or both declare..
    If either Donte or Spellman declare, it would definitely even the playing field to our advantage and the elusive W that comes with it. I love what X has coming back although a lot here seem a bit lukewarm for some reason. Going to be interesting to see who can make an impact out of your sickening freshman class!!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 04-11-2018 at 08:28 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    If either Donate or Spellman declare, it would definitely even the playing field to our advantage and the elusive W that comes with it. I love what X has coming back.
    I’m sorry but X is rebuilding next year, I’ve read it on this board several times....

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie1000 View Post
    Not surprising. He is going to go in the first round and he will graduate in May. It is a win-win for him.

xu95

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I’m sorry but X is rebuilding next year, I’ve read it on this board several times....
    Yep, that "rebuilding" thing sucks. If only we had 5 or 6 studs instead of just the 4
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club