Page 103 of 114 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1140

Thread: Big East News

Hey NOVACHAP,
    What are you hearing about Dante or Omari going pro?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by novachap View Post
    Our guy (and yours) Ashley Howard accepted the head coach position at LaSalle. Congrats to him, he is a good one and will be missed.
    Congrats to Howard. I was just thinking earlier this year how amazing it was that Dr. Giannini was still the head coach at LaSalle after so many years. I think he was actually a decent coach, but you've got to be more than decent to win there!

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Hey NOVACHAP,
    Radio silence so far. Of course the fan base position is they should take the Josh Hart approach and do 1 more year to ensure they get to the first round for guaranteed money. They both have flaws in their games (Spellman has huge upside though) and they could continue to work on them. Spellman improved his lateral quickness and closing out ability but can still be a little on the slow end. He also needs a little more work on taking it to the hoop. Donte----decision making. Physically and core talent wise he is so strong, but as a fan, sometimes you just go "wtf?" lol. Other times, like the NC game, you are just in awe. Most boards show them in the 30+ range in terms of where they would go.

My gut says they both test the water, don't hire an agent and come back, but I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or both declare. Wait and see time.

Obviously, if they stay... and now that Booth is confirmed coming back, I think we have a shot at another deep run. Clearly Brunson is tough to replace, but between Booth, Donte, Gillespie and Quinerly coming in, the back court will be very strong. Paschall (who will be a focal point next year) and Spellman front line will be very tough.. then with Cosby-Roundtree, Samuels, Painter... in addition to Swider and Slater coming in, there will be a tremendous amount of depth. Gotta believe somebody red shirts.
    Last edited by novachap; 04-09-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Radio silence so far. Of course the fan base position is they should take the Josh Hart approach and do 1 more year to ensure they get to the first round for guaranteed money. They both have flaws in their games (Spellman has huge upside though) and they could continue to work on them. Spellman improved his lateral quickness and closing out ability but can still be a little on the slow end. He also needs a little more work on taking it to the hoop. Donte----decision making. Physically and core talent wise he is so strong, but as a fan, sometimes you just go "wtf?" lol. Other times, like the NC game, you are just in awe. Most boards show them in the 30+ range in terms of where they would go.

My gut says they both test the water, don't hire an agent and come back, but I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or both declare. Wait and see time.

Obviously, if they stay... and now that Booth is confirmed coming back, I think we have a shot at another deep run. Clearly Brunson is tough to replace, but between Booth, Donte, Gillespie and Quinerly coming in, the back court will be very strong. Paschall (who will be a focal point next year) and Spellman front line will be very tough.. then with Cosby-Roundtree, Samuels, Painter... in addition to Swider and Slater coming in, there will be a tremendous amount of depth. Gotta believe somebody red shirts.
    Congrats to Ashley. Good guy and hope he can do something playing in Tom Gola's Garage.
    By the way, I think they both stay.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Marcus Derrickson declares and signs with agent.

I see some BE players at Portsmouth. JP and Trevon were on some early rosters, but I don't think on the latest.

Anyone know why they didn't want to go?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Ugh damn you guys. Hahaha. Booth is tough, I definitely think DiVincenzo will test the waters as his stock has to be hot after that National Championship performance, I could have sworn I saw Spellman creeping in towards the end of the first round, but I might have been mistaken. Obviously for us, we'd like to see both of them leave, but Nova is going to be scary regardless. That's a helluva reload coming in.

Also awesome for Ashley Howard, hopefully he does some good things at LaSalle, I know a lot of this board wanted to at least interview him, not surprised he has a head coaching gig being Jay Wright's top guy, I'm sure he's learned a ton from that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Hey NOVACHAP,
    NBA Draft Net has Divencenzo at 20 to the Bulls and Spellman at 25 to the Lakers

Other Big East players
    Mikal Bridges at 10 to Philadelphia
    Khryi Thomas at 14 to Clippers
    Jalen Brunson at 28 to Golden State
    Kelan Martin at 55 to Charlotte

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I see some BE players at Portsmouth. JP and Trevon were on some early rosters, but I don't think on the latest.

Anyone know why they didn't want to go?
    If they were invited and declined that is huge mistake. They have no chance of getting drafted without impressing there. The new rule of thumb is if you don't get invited to Portsmouth than the NBA isn't even considering you. Now I know they can go to tryouts, but that is a very long shot.

xu95

Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    If they were invited and declined that is huge mistake. They have no chance of getting drafted without impressing there. The new rule of thumb is if you don't get invited to Portsmouth than the NBA isn't even considering you. Now I know they can go to tryouts, but that is a very long shot.

xu95
    Is this rule of thumb written down somewhere? I have never heard this before and I follow the draft every year.