Page 10 of 114 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Big East News

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    That would make no sense for VCU IMO. In what way will the A-12 be better than the A-10? Maybe for a year until UConn leaves, but after that?
    I was under the impression that VCU may want to jump to that conference, but I forgot how bad (and how stretched out) that conference is. ECU, Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, SMU. If I'm VCU, the slight increase in TV money probably isn't worth it.

Though I do suspect that if the America 12 want a non-football member, they'll go to the Rams first.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    That would make no sense for VCU IMO. In what way will the A-12 be better than the A-10? Maybe for a year until UConn leaves, but after that?
    If UConn gets the chance to go anywhere, they're gone. But, if they don't get that chance....

I just thought UConn, Memphis, Cincinnati, Temple and VCU were a better nucleus of teams than what the Atlantic Ten offered. UCF, USF and Tulsa are at least NIT teams more often than not.

Now everyone else is awful. So with that model you'd have five good teams, three decent ones and four shitty ones. That seems a little better than the A10.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Katz wrote this, and it seems that there are some quotes from new Big East AD's, but I think it's BS.

What? If Marquette wins today's game it "validates" the new league? Hell, they're already in the Elite 8. One good or bad game will determine the validity of the league? I think not. Why isn't Katz writing that the America Conglomeration of Northern Southwestern Institutions of the Midwest would be validated if Louisville wins? Oh, that's right. They're only stuck in that mess for one more year. None of the ongoing members are anywhere around, but never mind. ESPN televises them.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...e-new-big-east
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Hard to call this year's Big East overrated at this point.

Don't see any move by VCU to the FB League. What would be the point? They only play BB.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Katz wrote this, and it seems that there are some quotes from new Big East AD's, but I think it's BS.

What? If Marquette wins today's game it "validates" the new league? Hell, they're already in the Elite 8. One good or bad game will determine the validity of the league? I think not. Why isn't Katz writing that the America Conglomeration of Northern Southwestern Institutions of the Midwest would be validated if Louisville wins? Oh, that's right. They're only stuck in that mess for one more year. None of the ongoing members are anywhere around, but never mind. ESPN televises them.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...e-new-big-east
    I actually agree with that article 100%. It’s not like the game will make or break the Real Big East either way, but in the battle for perception, it will mean a lot.

If Marquette wins, the Real Big East will start with a Final Four (or better) team. There won’t be dumb “those teams haven’t made the Final Four since 20XX” statements. Think if Marquette wins the national title- what that would do to those who want to downplay the new configuration of the Big East?

If Syracuse wins, you get another week of Boeheim whining how great the Big East WAS (especially if Louisville makes it too) and how terrible it is that it was taken from them (and of course, the idea that Syracuse and Louisville weren’t staying anyways will be quickly glossed over).

What kind of game are they playing; 47-34 under 3 minutes?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Marquette got a serious whipping. Oh, well.

Zone Havoc.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Another week of Boehiem whining.
    X A V I E R