Page 110 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1140

Thread: Big East News

Bryan Antoine, 5* Guard / wing is out 4-6 months to recover from shoulder surgery for Nova. Too bad for the kid. Apparently played with the torn labrum his senior year and they waited until he was on campus to do the surgery. Super talented kid, but skinny as a rail and could have used this summer for the weight training. By BE time have to believe he will be in the rotation, most thought he was a sure fire starter and possible OAD.

Quote Originally Posted by novachap View Post
    Bryan Antoine, 5* Guard / wing is out 4-6 months to recover from shoulder surgery for Nova. Too bad for the kid. Apparently played with the torn labrum his senior year and they waited until he was on campus to do the surgery. Super talented kid, but skinny as a rail and could have used this summer for the weight training. By BE time have to believe he will be in the rotation, most thought he was a sure fire starter and possible OAD.
    The problems you guys have.

I can almost picture you making this post from your deck chair in Stone Harbor with an umbrella drink as your viewing of the ocean is disrupted by some scantily clad co-eds that go walking by.

At least you guys know how to win with style and grace.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post

I can almost picture you making this post from your deck chair in Stone Harbor with an umbrella drink as your viewing of the ocean is disrupted by some scantily clad co-eds that go walking by.

Oh, I wish! I love the visual. LOl, quite far away from Stone Harbor these days. I do get to occasionally enjoy Lake Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by novachap View Post
    Unfortunate for the guy, saw some highlights and he definitely looks like the real deal. 4-6 months is a long time, he'll be getting back around the start of the season/middle of non-conference play, definitely interested into seeing how Jay Wright handles this team, I'll tell you what though, I am not going to be sad seeing Phil Booth moving on.

You are spot on... again, very young team with no seniors. Antoine and the other frosh need a lot of time and reps to pick up the system (defense, defense, defense). Imo, that is what doomed Quinerly. Could not /would not play the D required.

Yeah, will miss Booth... just a great college player. He had an incredible record at nova and he really was liked.

To me, we are weak at the point. Gillespie is our guy, like it or not.... many don't! Key development will be if Justin Moore can step up. You guys have an advantage there i believe.

Nice to see so many BE teams so strong this year. Seton Hall, you guys, prov, marq, georgetown are all going to be really good. Going to be a good year for the BE.

Hey, wait a minute dash... I grew up vacationing in Stone Harbor. Sounds like maybe you’ve been there a few times too. You certainly have the view correct.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Hey, wait a minute dash... I grew up vacationing in Stone Harbor. Sounds like maybe you’ve been there a few times too. You certainly have the view correct.
    Anyone who makes fun of the "Jersey Shore" doesn't understand or has never been to Stone Harbor and Avalon.

Good for you.

Went there for years during my time in PIttsburgh.

Was always jealous of the Philly people, as I had to trek across the damn PA Turnpike to get there, while they could hop across the bridge and be down there within 90 minutes or so, traffic depending.
    X A V I E R

Anyone who makes fun of the "Jersey Shore" doesn't understand or has never been to Stone Harbor and Avalon.

Good for you. Went there for years during my time in PIttsburgh.

Was always jealous of the Philly people, as I had to trek across the damn PA Turnpike to get there, while they could hop across the bridge and be down there within 90 minutes or so, traffic depending.
    Wait a minute dash... So like me, you also get how most people have no clue about the hidden NJ gems called Avalon and Stone Harbor (which is just fine with me). Also, like me, you vacationed there for years, while living in Pittsburgh.. which meant having to experience that dreadful PA Turnpike drive to get there. Are you sure you aren’t me?

Too funny that we have shared so many of the same experiences and still carry so many of the same feelings about those experiences.

After completing grad school down south, I moved to NYC and once again began vacationing in Avalon/Stone Harbor. I stopped going for a few years but now live in NJ (just outside NYC) and am thrilled to say I will be heading down there again this summer. Much- much shorter and more pleasant drive than the PA Turnpike which my sibling (who will meet me down there) is going to have to endure.
    Last edited by IM4X; 06-04-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Wait a minute dash... So like me, you also get how most people have no clue about the hidden NJ gems called Avalon and Stone Harbor (which is just fine with me). Also, like me, you vacationed there for years, while living in Pittsburgh.. which meant having to experience that dreadful PA Turnpike drive to get there. Are you sure you aren’t me?

Too funny that we have shared so many of the same experiences and still carry so many of the same feelings about those experiences.

After completing grad school down south, I moved to NYC and once again began vacationing in Avalon/Stone Harbor. I stopped going for a few years but now live in NJ (just outside NYC) and am thrilled to say I will be heading down there again this summer. Much- much shorter and more pleasant drive than the PA Turnpike which my sibling (who will meet me down there) is going to have to endure.
    That's wild. How long were you in the 'burgh?

I was there for about 15 years. Was with Mellon and then a subsidiary of Merrill Lynch. Lived in Upper St. Clair. Pittsburgh was something else: a lot of money mixed in with Yunzers hanging out duhntun, cheerun for the Stillers.
    X A V I E R

That's wild. How long were you in the 'burgh?

I was there for about 15 years. Was with Mellon and then a subsidiary of Merrill Lynch. Lived in Upper St. Clair. Pittsburgh was something else: a lot of money mixed in with Yunzers hanging out duhntun, cheerun for the Stillers.
    My wife is with BNY Mellon and has a team in Pittsburgh. Gets there roughly monthly, but hope that (and all travel) lessens with time. Flight out to marketing team in Boston in about 7 hours. I don’t envy that, but she loves it. Go figure, good for her.