Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1140

Thread: Big East News

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Is your wife still a Stillers fan, n’at. Do yinz go back to da burg much? Ever catch the Buccos at PNC Park? Nice stadium. Great view of the dahntahn and you can even grab a low calorie Primanti’s sandwich during the game.
    Screw dat Primanti's mess. Back in the day, it was Mt. Washengtun and the Tin Angel Restaurant - - back when Paul Keyros had it running well. The views of the Golden Triangle from up there were/are spectacular.
    X A V I E R

When does the Big East conference schedule come out? Or is it out already? I need to make plans and want to work around the games in February....
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Screw dat Primanti's mess. Back in the day, it was Mt. Washengtun and the Tin Angel Restaurant - - back when Paul Keyros had it running well. The views of the Golden Triangle from up there were/are spectacular.
    Not sure about Mt. Washengtun or the Tin Angel, but Primanti's does suck. If you're going to put fries on a mystery meat sandwich, at least serve the fries hot. Cold Fries served in any way are terrible, but why ruin the sandwich with them.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Pomeroy ranks programs since 1997;

7 Villanova, 11 Ohio St, 19 UConn ,25 X, 30 Cincinnati, ,33 Marquette, 36 GTown ,44 Creighton ,47 Butler, 53 Providence, 64 SHU, 75 St. John's , 101 Depaul

https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/statu...23740814929920
    Where the cryers ranked? I seem to recall that "they had passed us as a program" back when we were in the same league.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Where the cryers ranked? I seem to recall that "they had passed us as a program" back when we were in the same league.
    The Flyers passed Xavier as a program somewhere around 1986, I'd say. And they've continually and consistently put additional distance between their program and ours.

Quote Originally Posted by x-man View Post
    where the cryers ranked? I seem to recall that "they had passed us as a program" back when we were in the same league.
    79 lol

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    KenPom thinks our best team was 1998? That's interesting. Oh, and fuck Washington!

Also, our worst team in the last 22 years being ranked #81 is pretty incredible.
    I think the scary thing for me was realizing 1997 was 22 years ago, Jesus.

So happy to be in the Big East and not have to deal with this crap anymore. Vd has 700 posts on how shitty their schedule is:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...mpression=true
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    So happy to be in the Big East and not have to deal with this crap anymore. Vd has 700 posts on how shitty their schedule is:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...mpression=true
    How a program operates and how a program actually performs certainly can differ, especially when it comes to VD.

Here’s a money quote from that article: “The class divide in college basketball was established decades ago, but 20-game league schedules figure to splinter the sport harsher than ever before. The selection committee is the only entity that can -- and should -- make up for that gap.

We earned our way into the club. VD is going to rot in mid-major hell. And that is as it should be.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    One of the all-time great posts from a delusional Flyer fan, and I think the responses from other Flyer fans were comments like, "Absolutely" and "No doubt".