Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

We're Big Time Now

So I expect all of you to start acting like it.

#1: No more talking about Dayton. Big time programs don't worry about small-time nothings like that "school".

#2: No more being excited about "stealing" a recruit because he was also considering some "powerhouse" like Northwestern, NC State or Georgia Tech.

#3: No more being excited to be out of the rankings and sneak up on people.

#4: No more counting wins against "BCS" programs (you shouldn't be more excited by a win over Auburn than one over Bucknell).

#5: No more standing for bullshit from our conference's television partners.

#6: No more bending over for our cross-town opponent and agreeing to idiotic neutral court game terms.

#7: No more standing for half-empty conference tournament finals played in the Miss America ballroom.

#8: No more challenging Mizzou for the title of most NCAA Tournament appearances without a Final Four.

#9: No more even giving the time of day to anyone who even implies that we're a mid-major.

#10: No more of Snipe refusing to buy us beers.

No more!

Fr Graham sounds like he might be talking a little smack to SI:

"Xavier's president, the Rev. Michael Graham, can't wait for coach Chris Mack's new pitch to recruits: You can play every March at the Garden, and go on the road to places like Georgetown.

"I'm sure that we're going to have an opportunity to recruit a kid that's a step quicker, a little bit deadlier," he said, mimicking a shooting motion, "than we had before. That's going to make, obviously, a difference in the program. We've done very well for the last several years by any metric, so this is going to allow us to take what we want to take—which is our next step forward.

"We haven't been to a Final Four yet."
    2023 Sweet 16

I'm right with you on number 10.

11. No more playing games in errr "4,000" capacity garages.

12. No more trips to conference games in Gawdforsaken snow covered village outposts where planes can't fly.

13. No More being the team that everyone schedules for their "white out", or "green out" or "red out".

NO MORE!!!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Snipe needs to pick up a damn tab.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

14. No more caring if someone can't correctly pronounce our name.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    So I expect all of you to start acting like it.

#1: No more talking about Dayton. Big time programs don't worry about small-time nothings like that "school". WHO IS DAYTON?

#2: No more being excited about "stealing" a recruit because he was also considering some "powerhouse" like Northwestern, NC State or Georgia Tech. I THOUGHT PEOPLE WERE TRYING TO "STEAL" OUR RECRUITS.

#3: No more being excited to be out of the rankings and sneak up on people. RANKINGS ARE FOR THOSE THAT NEED VALIDATION. XAVIER DOES NOT. WE KNOW WE'RE GOOD.

#4: No more counting wins against "BCS" programs (you shouldn't be more excited by a win over Auburn than one over Bucknell). DON'T YOU MEAN "BSC" FOR BULLSHIT CHAMPIONSHIP?

#5: No more standing for bullshit from our conference's television partners. I'VE HEARD SOME CONFERENCES WIND UP ON "ALTERNATE CHANNELS."

#6: No more bending over for our cross-town opponent and agreeing to idiotic neutral court game terms. DIDN'T UC USED TO BELONG TO A GOOD BBALL CONFERENCE?

#7: No more standing for half-empty conference tournament finals played in the Miss America ballroom. BIG EAST AT MSG...STILL GONNA BE BIG TIME!

#8: No more challenging Mizzou for the title of most NCAA Tournament appearances without a Final Four. FINAL FOUR? THAT'S ONLY GOING TO BE EXCITING BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH IT TO BE A CHAMPION.

#9: No more even giving the time of day to anyone who even implies that we're a mid-major. BITCHES.

#10: No more of Snipe refusing to buy us beers. BITCH.

No more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I'm right with you on number 10.

11. No more playing games in errr "4,000" capacity garages. YES, BUT YOU COULD ALSO GET QUALITY WELDING DONE AT SOME GAMES.

12. No more trips to conference games in Gawdforsaken snow covered village outposts where planes can't fly. WELL, ONLY A COUPLE A10 TEAMS USE REAL JETS AND TWO OF THEM ARE NOW IN THE BIG EAST. (I HEAR SOME TEAMS TRY TO FLY IN ON THE BACKS OF MENTALLY CHALLENGED MASCOTS.)

13. No More being the team that everyone schedules for their "white out", or "green out" or "red out". OH, IT WILL STILL HAPPEN. WE'LL BE THE BADASS OF THIS MOTHA SOON!!!

NO MORE!!!
    Great day, fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownMuskie View Post
    14. No more caring if someone can't correctly pronounce our name.
    Old habits will die hard,,,,,,,,very hard,

If there is anyone out there that can not pronounce Xavier correctly, it no longer says something about our lack of credibility, popularity or 'name recognition' - is says something about the ignorance of the speaker. It has really been that way for some time - this pretty much cements it.

(and...old habits die hard)
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Also...I think we have been big time for some time now. I have always considered this a first class site.

And I think we should act like we've been acting...with the exception of a few unnamed posters.

Feel free to name names...
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Also...I think we have been big time for some time now. I have always considered this a first class site.

And I think we should act like we've been acting...with the exception of a few unnamed posters.

Feel free to name names...
    Masterofreality. That guy is a scammer and a charlatan.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell