Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Being there when we won 3 in a row, 4 in a row and ultimately 5 in a row.

Watching D West school dayton with 47 points.

Watching us destroy the #1 St. Joes in the A10 tourney in Dayton, then beating Dayton at Dayton for the championship, and then finishing the season by going to the elite 8.

Watching Justin Doellman and Justin Cage lead us to victory at US Bank in the A10 tournament. We X fans were rocking that place and it was an amazing win over St. Joes.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

- 5 titles in a row
    - UMASS game vs Camby and crew (still loudest sporting event I've ever attended; Gardens really held in the noise)
    - Taking down St Joes in Dayton
    - 4 in 4 days in Dayton
    - 4 in 4 days in Cincinnati (Cage block)
    - Posey dunk at GW
    - Frey and Duquesne fight
    - Chanting USA-USA to all the GW players
    - David drops 47 vs Dayton
    - David West senior day w/ 8 inches of snow on ground
    - West tip-in vs GW at the buzzer
    - Darnell Williams recovering from surgery and the first announcement of him entering game
    - Lenny Brown and taking down UC
    - Frey Layup and beating of UC
    - Chalmers step back to beat UC
    - TuTu's and-1 to beat UC
    - Lloyd Price steal at midcourt and beating UC (trend? I thinks so)
    - Posey dunk and lights going off in Gardens almost simultaneously
    - TJ Johnson, Brandon Cole, Jason Love, Torraye Braggs and loads of other bruising big men
    - Redford's 6 threes vs GW this year

Lastly: Brian Grant Jersey retirement

Load of more to recall - GREAT memories
    Last edited by Retire33; 03-20-2013 at 01:22 PM.
    Brown against Burton...Brown starting his dribble...He moves in, he pops up....SCOOORRREESSS!....LENNY BROWN!...XAVIER WINS IT!...THE MUSKIES WIN IT!...71-69...The UC Bearcats are #1 in the country, #2 in their OWN CITY! - Andy MacWilliams

Joined the XU family in 05-06.

In that time I saw nothing but NCAA tournament teams (except this year) #spoiled

Best Memories

06 Justin Cage blocking the shot to send XU to the tournament and me to the center of the court
    07 Ohio State game was memorable and sad
    08 Do it BJ
    09 Beating Dayton at home to clinch the A-10 season title
    10 Crawford's got to hurrry ...ohhhh...ahhhhh!
    11 15-1 including seeing Dante Jackson stomp out Dayton at Dayton
    12 Holloway circus shot to beat Notre Dame
    13 Smacking down Butler

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGuy View Post
    Being extremely inebriated with some of my best friends, up in Gayton, for the A10 tourney when we DESTROYED #1 St Joes. Probably the most fun I've had watching a game away from Cintas.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeTime View Post
    For me, it's a hands-down easy pick... watching Xavier beat... no... DEMOLISH the #1 team in the country in the Atlantic 10 quarterfinals in 2004. St. Joseph's was really good that year with Jameer Nelson and Delonte West. Xavier shot over 70% in the game and ended up winning by 20 points! Holy crap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    Favorite memory was in Dayton for the A-10 Tournament when Snipe unleashed a fart that burned steel. We were on our way out to the smoking area at half time, and he uncorks an unlicensed bio-chemical weapon.
    No doubt. Being in that arena and seeing that total, unexpected destruction of the Hawks that day was unbelieveable. XU had to play the day before and we had to beat St. Bonnie's to even get to that game...and that was no guarantee. What was just as unbelieveable was meeting Kahns, Snipe and Freddy Garvin in the lobby after the game and the fact that they could even stand erect. I'm not sure that any syllable that emitted from their mouths was decipherable. In my usual generous mode, I purchased frosty beverages for them which still have not ever been repaid.

Although I wasn't there for Saturday night, though, watching the Muskies extinguish all hope of the Cryers on their own wood was special too. Knowing that Pablo, Filthy Chilean and many others had the chance to court storm and stomp on the udump logo along with the vicarious experience of doing the same thing in my family room will last in the brain forever.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Beating St. Joe's in the 2006 A10 finals. Justin Cage rushing out to the three-point line to block the Hawks' potential game-winning shot at the buzzer is an image that will is burned into my memory.

Every year we held up the A10 champions sign and cut down the nets.

The Jimmy Carter game every year.

Tu Holloway and Co. beating everybody in 2011 except Charlotte on the road.

Specifically the Duquesne game in 2011, as the Dukes would have been in 1st place if they won. Dante Jackson lit them up in a great game I got to attend at the Consol Arena.

In 2007, beating George Washington by 29 at their place the year after they had gone undefeated in the conference regular season. I hated GW back then.

Drew Lavender winning the MVP award at Dayton in that same year. It was the only time I went to Dayton Arena for the game.

Senior Night my senior year (2009) when Xavier took out Dayton to win the A10 title

The two that stand out to me is the game against Dayton where David West scored something like 752 points and the game against St. Joes in the A10 tourney up in the cess pool that is known as UD Arena.

Hands down, no questions asked. Beating dayton on daytons home court for the championship, then dancing on the court and their logo.

Apparently I ran to the bathroom to throw up, couldn't get into their troughs, ran outside and puked on the side of the dump. Gave a thumbs up to Xavier fans cheering the spectacle. It was my proudest moment. Ever. Ever ever.

Quote Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
    Hands down, no questions asked. Beating dayton on daytons home court for the championship, then dancing on the court and their logo.

Apparently I ran to the bathroom to throw up, couldn't get into their troughs, ran outside and puked on the side of the dump. Gave a thumbs up to Xavier fans cheering the spectacle. It was my proudest moment. Ever. Ever ever.
    It's a known fact: you have to be hammered beyond all belief to tolerate being in that building.
    Tim Hardaway hates Dayton.

I'm proud to say that, except for St. Louis and VCU, I have been to every A10 arena venue- including the old bandbox Fieldhouse at Rhode Island.

Will not miss going to Tom Gola's garage, but strangely, enjoyed visiting Fordham & Hawk Hill was cool. None of those places will ever succeed long term in those gyms though.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I'll never forget that time we beat dayton at home.