Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Fox Sports 1

Sophomore
    FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop 1m
    Fox Sports 1 Friday night CFB “Kickoff” show at midnight earned a 0.0 rating. 53,000 total viewers. (via @SonOfTheBronx)

I realize it's at midnight, but that is still horrible, especially since on the west coast it would only be 9 pm and the network has a bunch of Pac-12 games.

ESPN with another planned round of layoffs. Why?

" — many believe the sports behemoth still is recovering from billion-dollar TV deals it inked with the NFL and NBA while subscriber numbers were dropping."

See, while we thought that the FS1 deal with the Big East sounded high, it was a bargain for the amount of content that they received. Basically fills an entire winter of nights with programming.

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/555d8706-...?.tsrc=fauxdal

I just hope our boy Tom DeCorte- ESPN Sportscenter Producer for Scott Van Pelt- is safe!
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 10-27-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    ESPN with another planned round of layoffs. Why?

" — many believe the sports behemoth still is recovering from billion-dollar TV deals it inked with the NFL and NBA while subscriber numbers were dropping."

See, while we thought that the FS1 deal with the Big East sounded high, it was a bargain for the amount of content that they received. Basically fills an entire winter of nights with programming.

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/555d8706-...?.tsrc=fauxdal
    Too big and too fat.....still

ESPN was huge 10 year ago, but now you can get content from a myriad of different devices......

Disney is buying a huge chunk of 21st Century Fox, including the regional sports networks. Fox is reforming remaining assets into a new company, including FS1 & FS2 (I think). How does this affect watching Xavier basketball on television?
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

All-Conference
    Hopefully, not at all.

The broadcasts have been very "distorted" this year on FS1 for the XU games. I have Spectrum. Has anyone else been seeing this as well?

Quote Originally Posted by cfish View Post
    The broadcasts have been very "distorted" this year on FS1 for the XU games. I have Spectrum. Has anyone else been seeing this as well?
    Yes, at times. But I’ve seen it on other programs and other channels as well.

Courtesy of Clay Travis at outkickthecoverage.com

1. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BIG FOX BROADCAST NETWORK, FS1, FS2, THE BIG TEN NETWORK, FOX NEWS OR FOX BUSINESS.

I put this in all caps because many are going to miss this aspect of the deal.

Fox News and Fox Business won’t be owned by Disney at all and live event programming will almost entirely, save the Fox Regional Sports Networks, be untouched by this deal. In fact, these live programming networks are still highly profitable and throw off tremendous cash flow. Which means Fox will be able to invest substantial sums of money in even more live rights events going forward. The future business prospects of the remaining Fox assets are still very bright here.

Fox Sports, other than the regional sports networks, is untouched by this deal. (And this deal will have no impact on me because Outkick is 100% independent of Fox Sports. Yes, that includes my radio show, which is distributed by Premeire and owned by I heart radio).

The business left behind here in the existing Fox spinoff company will be the leader in live event programming in the country. Fox Sports will still have the Super Bowl, the NFC, the World Series, the World Cup, the U.S. Open in golf, the UFC, the top Big Ten games, the Pac 12, the Big 12 and countless other sports properties.

FS1 and FS2 programming will not change.

So, is Xavier exclusively on FS1 / FS2 or are they on regional networks as well (out of and in-conference)? And what about other Big East teams?

The bottom line for me (I don't want to speak for anyone else on this board, but I presume most of us) is watching Xavier as they continue their inevitable march (no pun intended) to the Final Four and beyond.

[Drudy said, "Hopefully, not at all" - but can anyone give a more reassuring assessment?]
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Disney is buying a huge chunk of 21st Century Fox, including the regional sports networks. Fox is reforming remaining assets into a new company, including FS1 & FS2 (I think). How does this affect watching Xavier basketball on television?
    It means all Xavier games will have Jon Sciambi on the mike.
    No, I be concubining.