Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fox Sports 1

Fox Sports 1

Seems like it will be pretty legit for us. The following article lists some of the programming.

-Tons of UFC Coverage/live fights
    -Big12/Big East/Pac 12/Conference USA basketball and football
    -Monday and Thursday night basketball games plus saturday and sunday coverage of Pac 12/big east/pac 12/CUsa bball/football
    -Nascar sprint cup
    -Champions League and UEFA league soccer games
    -NFL coverage
    -Regis Philbin's show 'Rush Hour'
    -Sunday NFL pregame show
    -Fantasy sports coverage
    -Mobile apps for live streaming
    -Double box commercial format so you don't miss live coverage
    -

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mor...-fox-sports-1/

Fox Sports 1 will officially launch on Saturday, Aug. 17, in about 90 million homes, making it the biggest sports cable network launch in history. Network executives said FS1 will air close to 5,000 hours of live event, news and studio shows annually (about 55 percent of the network's overall schedule will be live programming)
    Live Action

Why the f- do they need to bring Regis back?

Here you go: I read through it, noticed the "BE" and still wondered where we were at first.

This is going to take a little getting used to; and I'm going to love every second of getting used to it.
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    So this is a brand new channel then?And do you guys think it will be part of a cable/satellite sports package or more of a standard package?
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Fox Sports 1

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    So this is a brand new channel then?And do you guys think it will be part of a cable/satellite sports package or more of a standard package?
    It's a rebrand of the Speed channel. 80 million people already have it.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    It's a rebrand of the Speed channel. 80 million people already have it.
    Ok, I had no idea. Didnt even know that channel existed. Really hadnt been keeping up with the news on what the channel actually was.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

It's currently in the 600s somewhere on DirecTV, so even if 80 million have it, basically knows where to find it. To be taken seriously, it needs to be in the 210-220 range on DirecTV and in a similarly relevant spot on other providers' lineups.

I've read that eventually Fox Soccer Channel will be rebranded Fox Sports 2 and will carry some of these offerings. Fox loses the English Premier League soon and after that there's not really much point to FSC.

Does Fox plan to have Big East games on the mothership (Fox network) occasionally?

Quote Originally Posted by danaandvictory View Post
    I've read that eventually Fox Soccer Channel will be rebranded Fox Sports 2 and will carry some of these offerings. Fox loses the English Premier League soon and after that there's not really much point to FSC.
    I thought they were making the Fuel Channel FS2.