Page 307 of 350 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 3495
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    A couple of horseshit calls against JP didn't help. But those other things you listed were also true. Dammit.

I agree with that too. We should have been so far ahead of FSU that that shouldn't have mattered. Unfortunately this team just wasn't as good as their ranking showed them to be.

xu95

Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    I agree with that too. We should have been so far ahead of FSU that that shouldn't have mattered. Unfortunately this team just wasn't as good as their ranking showed them to be.

xu95
    There is truth to this. Skated by in several games.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    This team ....... only won games because we scored more than the other team.
    If I move to Kansas, I'd know stuff like this.

I think we lost that game because of 18 TO's (5 more than we averaged) and failure to shoot our season average at the foul line, not because our defense let us down.

I do agree that Mack didn't lose that game. That's on the team, and to think somehow he didn't want to win as much or something, just overlooks the competitiveness he showed for years.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Oh my gosh, I live in Kansas. All of this information is so hard to access out here!

“I read it on the internet. It must be true!”

Oh, so Louisville DIDN'T go to the College World Series and the Women's Final Four, and UC DIDN'T just fire their coaches in those two sports? My bad.

Oh, so Louisville DIDN'T go to the College World Series and the Women's Final Four, and UC DIDN'T just fire their coaches in those two sports? My bad.
    Fake News.

xu95

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    If I move to Kansas, I'd know stuff like this.

I think we lost that game because of 18 TO's (5 more than we averaged) and failure to shoot our season average at the foul line, not because our defense let us down.

I do agree that Mack didn't lose that game. That's on the team, and to think somehow he didn't want to win as much or something, just overlooks the competitiveness he showed for years.
    Did defense cost us specifically in the FSU game? No, but defense wasn't a staple of Mack coached teams. His best defensive team was the 2016 team that was ranked #22 defensively. Other than that, most of his teams were ranked anywhere from 50-70.

Junior
    Did you guys end up in Kansas because the wagon train broke down there on the way to California?

I couldn't agree more that our defense struggled this year. I think Mack did well mixing it up occasionally to help us out.
    The FSU game was just horrible from many angles. But we had held them down to a low scoring deal until the very end.
    That's when I think TO's killed us. We only had one basket in the last 6 minutes, while turning it over to let them back in. Ugh.

Got to put it behind me and get focused on next year.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Did you guys end up in Kansas because the wagon train broke down there on the way to California?
    At least we made it past Indiana!