Page 284 of 350 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3495
    #BIGEASThoop @BIGEASTMBB
    Sep 12

2017-18 #BIGEASThoops Schedule

84 of the 90 games will include at least 1 team that made the 2017 NCAA Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    I'd rather build a rivalry with NKU than EVER travel up to that flippin' place again. Ever.
    Honestly, with the way that program is looking at its building stages right now, they could be a solid mid-major soon. I would not even remotely be shocked.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ceptional View Post
    #BIGEASThoop @BIGEASTMBB
    Sep 12

2017-18 #BIGEASThoops Schedule

84 of the 90 games will include at least 1 team that made the 2017 NCAA Tournament
    That's because the round robin of St. John's, DePaul and Georgetown take up the other 6. Those must have been fun games for FS2 and CBS Sports Network to fight over.

Quote Originally Posted by X-ceptional View Post
    Back to the tweets! Just click and relive the THUNDERDUNK! (Note, watching with sound increases the enjoyment level X-ponentially.)

https://twitter.com/jpmacura/status/907317197902675968
    The reaction of the bench is priceless. If that isn't an indication of how the players feel about Butler.....
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

All of the jersey reveal tweets have been great, but I'm a particular fan of Crawford's:

Xavier Basketball‏
    @XavierMBB
    16 hours ago

When you see those home whites in the NCAA Tournament you know you've had quite the regular season.
    The Tradition.
    @jcraw55
    @nikebasketball

The whole video in the tweet is good, but this layup? I'll never forget it... absolutely sick.

Another great video from Mario:

Mario Mercurio
    @MarioMercurio
    14 hours ago

Working (with many others) to digitize @XavierMBB's tape library. Couldn't resist pulling this clip when I saw the file hit Dropbox today.

Chris Mack: Trevon Bluiett is "right there" among the best players I've ever coached. STORY @FanRagSports:
    https://www.fanragsports.com/rothste...-ever-coached/

Jon Rothstein‏ tweets:

Greetings from the Cintas Center. Here for Xavier practice. The door is open for the Musketeers in the Big East.

Early prediction on Xavier's starting five: Quentin Goodin, J.P. Macura, Trevon Bluiett, Kaiser Gates, Tyrique Jones.

Palpable buzz at Xavier regarding freshman wing Naji Marshall. Athletic wing will allow Musketeers to go small with Trevon Bluiett at PF.
    The biggest surprise here today at Xavier? How well Paul Scruggs is shooting the basketball. Could add a different dynamic if this keeps up.

So much Goran Suton (left handed version) in Kerem Kanter....

Kerem Kanter reminds me of former Michigan State big man Goran Suton. Skilled big men that can really step away from the basket. Face up 5.

Xavier's makeup isn't exactly the same as it was two years ago, but Musketeers' potential is comparable. Look like a legit 2-3 seed.

Two big physical impressions from Xavier: 1. J.P. Macura has added 10 pounds of muscle 2. Trevon Bluiett is in the best shape of his life

Tyrique Jones is among the most physically imposing people I've ever seen in my entire life. Must have been left off the Mitchell Report.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 10-04-2017 at 11:15 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Chris Mack: Trevon Bluiett is "right there" among the best players I've ever coached. STORY @FanRagSports:
    https://www.fanragsports.com/rothste...-ever-coached/

Jon Rothstein‏ tweets:

Greetings from the Cintas Center. Here for Xavier practice. The door is open for the Musketeers in the Big East.

Early prediction on Xavier's starting five: Quentin Goodin, J.P. Macura, Trevon Bluiett, Kaiser Gates, Tyrique Jones.

Palpable buzz at Xavier regarding freshman wing Naji Marshall. Athletic wing will allow Musketeers to go small with Trevon Bluiett at PF.
    The biggest surprise here today at Xavier? How well Paul Scruggs is shooting the basketball. Could add a different dynamic if this keeps up.

So much Goran Suton (left handed version) in Kerem Kanter....

Kerem Kanter reminds me of former Michigan State big man Goran Suton. Skilled big men that can really step away from the basket. Face up 5.

Xavier's makeup isn't exactly the same as it was two years ago, but Musketeers' potential is comparable. Look like a legit 2-3 seed.

Two big physical impressions from Xavier: 1. J.P. Macura has added 10 pounds of muscle 2. Trevon Bluiett is in the best shape of his life

Tyrique Jones is among the most physically imposing people I've ever seen in my entire life. Must have been left off the Mitchell Report.
    Great information and interesting article. Exciting to think of the possibilities. Can the season start already?!?!?!

Hearing about Jones and Kanter, and knowing Big Irish will still be in the mix makes me feel good about the guys closest to the hoop (not sure about next year though).
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

"Palpable buzz at Xavier"...... Glad to hear things haven't changed much since I left 50 yrs. ago.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    "Palpable buzz at Xavier"...... Glad to hear things haven't changed much since I left 50 yrs. ago.
    Well we won't get the brand recognition as the blue bloods, but every single year we're improving our profile, and more people are taking notice. When I meet new people and tell them I went to Xavier for undergrad, they now say "Damn, basketball games must have been awesome there!!" Building a national brand takes time, and with the way our performance has gone in the last decade or so, we're slowly creeping up. It's improving year by year, so just sit back and enjoy it. We're creating a monster right now with solid recruiting classes, and impressive tournament wins. It's only a matter of time before we kick down the door to the Final 4, and I can realistically say I expect a Xavier national championship in my lifetime. I like the stages we're at, we're not at the "bandwagon" stage yet, but we're improving and gaining more fans each year. I'm excited to see what the future holds.