Page 278 of 350 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3495
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I thought I remembered him being a JC transfer......my mistake, sorry. But I think I remember that we did have a transfer come in around the same time...possibly from a Florida school?.....that also played point guard and was really good.
    I believe you are thinking of Stan Kimbrough. Played with Larkin. He was from Central Florida. Came here in 1986 after playing vs. X the year before while at UCF. Hicks' last year was 1983.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

I'm gonna add one more- JD Barnett a teammate of Byron Larkin's.

JD was a small forward who was a starter and an integral part of the 1986-1987 team that beat Missouri for XU's first NCAA win. He hit some big baskets in that game- kind of an old school Malcolm Bernrd. Peter Gillen took JD in as a transfer.

Malcolm Bernard will have a special place in my Xavier Blue Blooded heart for a long long time. That enthusiasm, leadership and infectious smile was special. The fact that he got to dribble out the last few seconds of the Arizona game was so damn appropriate.

If we can get transfers like him every couple of years or so, we'll be just fine.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

If somebody does not pay homage to Brian Thornton & Steve Wolf...
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Quote Originally Posted by joe titan View Post
    If somebody does not pay homage to Brian Thornton & Steve Wolf...
    Glad you brought up Brian Thornton.

To me, he was an example of Xavier coming into its own, both as a school and with its basketball program. If I recall correctly, he transferred in from Vanderbilt, having passed on offers from Boston college and Michigan. He was looking for a strong academic school to go along with a solid basketball program through which to finish his career. In fact, I believe he was interested at the time in pursuing law school.

And he provided me yet one additional reason to hate LaSalle. He was injured against those idiots and never played again.

http://www.goxavier.com/news/2005/11...ville_Ky_.aspx
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I'm gonna add one more- JD Barnett a teammate of Byron Larkin's.

JD was a small forward who was a starter and an integral part of the 1986-1987 team that beat Missouri for XU's first NCAA win. He hit some big baskets in that game- kind of an old school Malcolm Bernrd. Peter Gillen took JD in as a transfer.

Malcolm Bernard will have a special place in my Xavier Blue Blooded heart for a long long time. That enthusiasm, leadership and infectious smile was special. The fact that he got to dribble out the last few seconds of the Arizona game was so damn appropriate.

If we can get transfers like him every couple of years or so, we'll be just fine.
    Barnett was one of the best lockdown defenders Xavier has seen. A perfect compliment to a team of scorers. Strong, moved his feet well, and could "shoot" for the steal. I can still hear Gillen yelling "Shoot him JD!"
    Unsung, or at least undersung, player.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

Sophomore
    Of all the transfers not named Jordan Crawford, I think Anthony Myles would be in my top two or three.

Sophomore
    Notre Dame just got a commitment from Robby Carmody.

Not sure if it effects their recruitment of Coleman Lands, but it can't hurt as they are similar players.

Chris Mack‏Verified account @CoachChrisMack 4h4 hours ago

Freshmen in the gym on their own on a Saturday afternoon working! Doing what's not required; what a concept in today's day and age...
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Chris Mack‏Verified account @CoachChrisMack 4h4 hours ago

Freshmen in the gym on their own on a Saturday afternoon working! Doing what's not required; what a concept in today's day and age...
    If they're putting in work, and are as good as advertised, this could be the start of something special.

Junior
    Reportedly, Mack also yelled at some kids to get off his lawn, and at some Millennials for ruining toast.