Page 283 of 350 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3495
    Why not just go back to the A10?

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    Why not just go back to the A10?
    Well I think that's a completely different argument, I don't think any fan would trade sentiment in match-ups that were formed in the A-10 for a spot in the Big East. UD however is different because of the hate, and the passion of the games. I'd like to play them and keep the rivalry, but I'd much rather them come to Cintas in order for that to happen. Wouldn't you think their athletic department would WANT to try to break the Jimmy Carter streak??

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Well yeah of course for the fans (just like it was at Fed-Ex Field) the game is still important, but I just think the games are a bit better when the players absolutely hate each other. I love those type of rivalries, granted you could say that's been dying as of late too with AAU teaming up people who go to rival schools and what not. The fans won't ever forget, that's part of fandom.
    The players rarely hate eachother. Most of them play AAU together, play during the summer together, etc. This is just something made up by fans to try and intensify a rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    The players rarely hate eachother. Most of them play AAU together, play during the summer together, etc. This is just something made up by fans to try and intensify a rivalry.
    Right that's what I'm saying, I think that's a more recent thing though, where 10+ years ago they did legitimately hate each other, but the way AAU has become more booming and popular, it's basically impossible for recruits to truly hate each other unless it's for a complete other reason than school affiliation.

Could care less about Dayton and can't believe it's still a topic of discussion this many years after joining a new conference and moving on from scheduling them. Lots of teams out there to schedule and we should build our rivalries based on the conference and naturally with the crosstown team.

Ask Greg Christopher about playing UD, and he will give you a straight forward answer.

There is little incentive to play UD, especially at the Dump. I really don't see them on our schedule unless it is an early season tourney. If our last matchup is any indication (30 point beat down) I don't think they provide the same challenge as in previous years. I have no problem bringing them in for a bye game, but there is no reason to play them on their home floor.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Could care less about Dayton and can't believe it's still a topic of discussion this many years after joining a new conference and moving on from scheduling them. Lots of teams out there to schedule and we should build our rivalries based on the conference and naturally with the crosstown team.
    This !

I'd rather build a rivalry with NKU than EVER travel up to that flippin' place again. Ever.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Back to the tweets! Just click and relive the THUNDERDUNK! (Note, watching with sound increases the enjoyment level X-ponentially.)

https://twitter.com/jpmacura/status/907317197902675968
    Last edited by X-ceptional; 09-13-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    bringing them in for a bye game