Page 262 of 350 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 3495
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I can't say I speak for the mods, but we need to throw a temporary moratorium on mentioning that school up north. There's much bigger fish to fry with a Final Four spot at stake tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    I can't say I speak for the mods, but we need to throw a temporary moratorium on mentioning that school up north. There's much bigger fish to fry with a Final Four spot at stake tomorrow.
    Yeah, I'd rather focus on what's really important.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    I can't say I speak for the mods, but we need to throw a temporary moratorium on mentioning that school up north.
    Make it permanent. I would be glad if this Xavier board was rid of Dayton Obsession.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Baby steps, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    Not a tweet, but posted on UDPride.. And I gotta love it..

"Objectively, they have had one of the easier paths to an Elite 8 ever, particularly due to the fact that they beat three teams that were seeded materially too high (6, 3, 2 seeds that should have been seeded 11, 6, and 5). This is a Committee issue as the teams they beat were all materially overseeded."

Lol. If 32-4 Arizona was a 5 seed, I'd LOVE to see the teams above them on the 2, 3 and 4 lines.
    Wow. That's about the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. So...obviously it's from a Dayton fan.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblob06 View Post
    Ha, we actually haven't even had the easiest path of the 4 teams that have made this year's Elite 8 so far. In fact, our path seems to be the toughest of the four so far:
    Oregon beat 14, 11, and 7 seeds.
    Kansas beat 16, 9, and 4 seeds.
    Gonzaga beat 16, 8, and 4 seeds.
    Xavier beat 6, 3, and 2 seeds.
    By seedline alone (and the fact that we didn't play any upset winners) ours was going to be the toughest on paper. It's not even close. My guess is if you disregarded seeds and just looked at rankings (RPI, KenPom, take your pick) it still won't be close.

Here is a great one from the Gonzaga board

While I agree that X has been playing well. They haven't played anybody as good as the Zags. I know everyone wants to be an anylist but this one to me is simple. This team is not going to be denied. They are way more talented than X and they will beat them. Yes they beat three good teams but the Zags will be the best they have played in this tourney. I think it's close for a while but in the end the size will wear them down.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

I bet they are a very annoying fan base. Can't base them all on this comment but something tells me they are very Daytonesque and feel entitled, I guess kind of like us, ha.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Here is a great one from the Gonzaga board

While I agree that X has been playing well. They haven't played anybody as good as the Zags. I know everyone wants to be an anylist but this one to me is simple. This team is not going to be denied. They are way more talented than X and they will beat them. Yes they beat three good teams but the Zags will be the best they have played in this tourney. I think it's close for a while but in the end the size will wear them down.

Reality is, that may be accurate. In a lot of games they play, the game is close until about 10 minutes remaining and they pull away. Only thing I disagree is the "way more talented" part. They very well may be the best team we play in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Champ View Post
    Reality is, that may be accurate. In a lot of games they play, the game is close until about 10 minutes remaining and they pull away. Only thing I disagree is the "way more talented" part. They very well may be the best team we play in the tournament.
    Makes me wonder how many games they'd win in the BE?