Page 318 of 350 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 3495
    Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    You are probably correct that I don't know what I'm talking about. I do know that I've watched NBA games this year, non playoff teams, and the games were horrible. It opened up my eyes quite a bit because until this past year the only NBA games I've watched in the last 10 years have been playoff games. Non playoff teams are not very good or are not coached very well. My guess is that most folks(on here) base NBA talent by watching the talent NBA playoff talent and that's just not the same, obviously.
    From my (wasted money) experience, even the playoffs teams don’t try unless it’s the playoffs. When we travelled and the kids were young, we’d bribe them with NBA tix that night if they were good during the day. I remember having about $800 into tix in Charlotte one time. My younger son, an above average AAU PG, turned to me about 5 minutes in and said “they’re not even trying!” I’m glad that was clear to him, as it’s the last time a spent a dime on watching the NBA.

How close were you sitting? When I've been to non-playoff NBA games and had good seats, it's pretty amazing how fast the game is played. You can't play as fast as those guys without trying.

In Boston watching Lebron the seats were decent, but the food was awesome! In Charlotte, the most recent game, we spent big bucks for very good seats. It was early season, and I swear the AAU teams shamed them in terms of effort. I still don’t watch the NBA until the playoffs. I know they are really good and make it look easy, but it’s a long season and they coast too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Holy cow! That’s a lot more players than there are draft slots!!!
    That's true, but I think a lot of people just test the waters to see what they need to work on to improve themselves for next year, with no intention of actually keeping their name in the draft, I think Jon Elmore from Marshall did that last year, and Cal used to do that (don't know if he still does) by sending the entire roster. It is crazy that like 62 or what will get drafted and rest will either go to the G League or Europe (which 6 figures while living in Europe in your 20s isn't a bad gig)

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    You mean Kyle Korver who is one of the best shooters ever, and has the 6th best 3pt% and 4th most made 3s in NBA history?
    Saw him play at Cintas vs. West. His last second 3 rimmed out. Great game.

It looks like Xavier will have a new beat writer this year:

https://twitter.com/AdamJBaum/status...75041684852738

I’m gonna miss high school sports, but I’m very excited and grateful for the opportunity to cover @XUAthletics https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ers/933629002/ … via @Enquirer @ENQSports

That was before the cozy little hug. Neither wanted to let that opportunity pass.

Guess that means Tiger is back afterall.

Dekeyvan Tandy (KyKy) official visit set for Oct 19-21.

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...99019748442113
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens