Page 317 of 350 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3495
    Junior
    My point was more about Bluiett. But there are guys on every bench in the NBA that are marginal at best. Stick to pontificating about your beloved Cards.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    My point was more about Bluiett. But there are guys on every bench in the NBA that are marginal at best. Stick to pontificating about your beloved Cards.
    Again, this is not true. Are they marginal by NBA standards? Sure...otherwise they would be starting and playing 30 minutes a game. However, they are on a roster because they are freakishly athletic and with that have potential, or can do one thing ridiculously well at the nba level.

Your point with Bluiett again proves how you don't know anything about the NBA. Tre would never be able to get his shot off in the league...he is too short and not athletic even by high division 1 standards let alone the NBA.

The great thing about “discussions” like this.....they aren’t just hypocritical. Bluiett, and others, will actually be given a chance to PROVE it one way or another.

Kaiser Gates and Kyle Korver in the same sentence. Sheesh.

Tre, JP, Kaiser... All those guys will get a change in the G League, the D League, Overseas, whatever.. But they aren't getting drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    Kaiser Gates and Kyle Korver in the same sentence. Sheesh.
    What's wrong with putting them in the same sentence? Try this, for example: Kaiser Gates is not nearly as good as Kyle Korver.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    *the question was what potential I saw in Kaiser Gates*

I was answering the question with what potential NBA guys see in Kaiser, regardless of how many months ago it was. Kaiser has a long, long way to go before being drafted (which FYI, doesn’t mean being on an nba roster. He could go be the last guy for the Suns G-League, and it would still count as being drafted).

However, unlike Trevon, he doesn’t need to grow 3 more inches or suddenly increase his very by 2 feet or gain lateral quickness he’s never had. That’s the point of potential. Having physical attributes that could one day make you better than you currently are.
    Yup, bingo. There's potential for Gates because of athleticism, and as stated if you're good at one thing, you have a chance. The thing is Kaiser really needs to be consistent with his 3 ball, he has the length and lateral quickness to play some defense, but if he shoots like he did end of the stretch of the season for us, there's no way he gets a look. I'm beginning to wonder if it's mental, we've heard time and time again that Gates was the best shooter in practice and would knock them down consistently, and even Q said Gates helped him improve his three point shot, it's not like he shot terrible, pretty well in fact, but the NBA line is moved back, and there's nothing much more he can bring to the table as he's not a speedy slasher that can get to the rim. The 3 would have to hit at a high rate, but there is potential there.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    So Jeff Goodman just tweeted out Kaiser is an early entrant in the draft. Surprising that this is the first time we hear about it... though anyone who follows him on Instagram knew he hasn’t been in school since the tournament. He’s been training down in Miami. Was worried he was considering grad transfer (if he has the credits?) after Welage signed. Know there was some buzz early in the year about him as a 3 and D guy. I could see a team taking a second round flyer on him if he shot lights on in a workout. No reason he doesn’t come back though.
    Confirmed by ESPN here:
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...declared-early

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Holy cow! That’s a lot more players than there are draft slots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Holy cow! That’s a lot more players than there are draft slots!!!
    That's not counting the seniors that are graduating.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    This just isn’t true at all. There is a reason why college players who are much better than Kaiser Gates play in Europe. NBA bench guys are incredible Basketball talents.
    You are probably correct that I don't know what I'm talking about. I do know that I've watched NBA games this year, non playoff teams, and the games were horrible. It opened up my eyes quite a bit because until this past year the only NBA games I've watched in the last 10 years have been playoff games. Non playoff teams are not very good or are not coached very well. My guess is that most folks(on here) base NBA talent by watching the talent NBA playoff talent and that's just not the same, obviously.
    Balls of Steele!!