Page 316 of 350 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3495
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    This is the problem. I invite you to watch teams that don't make the NBA playoffs. They are horrific. Yes IMO Gates and Tre both have a shot when you watch those teams. People who only watch the playoffs do not know how bad NBA players can really be.
    The worst team by record were the suns this year. Look at their roster and tell me again how gates makes an nba team.

This discussion is completely absurd and you really dont know what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Xville; 04-24-2018 at 08:04 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    “@jeffborzello: NBA guys are intrigued by Xavier's Kaiser Gates. 6-foot-8, shoots it consistently from the perimeter, bouncy. Also really guards, versatile defender. Has 16 points, five boards tonight against Baylor.”

The potential is to be a long 3 and D guy. That is the only potential there is.
    *quotes a tweet from nearly 6 months ago*

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    *quotes a tweet from nearly 6 months ago*
    Someone’s on drugs

Sophomore
    *the question was what potential I saw in Kaiser Gates*

I was answering the question with what potential NBA guys see in Kaiser, regardless of how many months ago it was. Kaiser has a long, long way to go before being drafted (which FYI, doesn’t mean being on an nba roster. He could go be the last guy for the Suns G-League, and it would still count as being drafted).

However, unlike Trevon, he doesn’t need to grow 3 more inches or suddenly increase his very by 2 feet or gain lateral quickness he’s never had. That’s the point of potential. Having physical attributes that could one day make you better than you currently are.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    The worst team by record were the suns this year. Look at their roster and tell me again how gates makes an nba team.

This discussion is completely absurd and you really dont know what you are talking about.
    Kyle Korver can't guard a lamppost, or drive to the basket, or shoot midrange. But he can knock down 3s. He's been in the league for 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Kyle Korver can't guard a lamppost, or drive to the basket, or shoot midrange. But he can CONSISTENTLY knock down 3s. He's been in the league for 10+ years.
    Fixed that for you.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

The NBA is a lot more political than you might think. There are better players not in the league, there are guys on NBA benches that know their role and stick to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sophomore
    Kyle Korver can't guard a lamppost, or drive to the basket, or shoot midrange. But he can knock down 3s. He's been in the league for 10+ years.
    You mean Kyle Korver who is one of the best shooters ever, and has the 6th best 3pt% and 4th most made 3s in NBA history?

And Korver can so guard in the NBA, he's just not doing it always. Watching the game the other night he was in someone's grill most of the game. Not an elite defender, but he's certainly an NBA worthy player all around.

Supporting Member
    You mean the Kyle korver who was an absolute stud in college and one of the best 3 point shooters ever in the nba? Yeah him and gates are on the same level.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about by people on here regarding the nba...most dont have a clue.