Page 330 of 350 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3495
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Blooded-05 View Post
    Sorry to be ‘that guy’ but Terrelle (as he was known at the time) Holloway was a soph when he made those free throws vs KSU and the legend of his steel cojones was born.

However, he did hit a couple very clutch free throws at the end of a game his frosh year. I believe it was vs Missouri in that season’s holiday tournament.

In the end, Tu is and always will be a bad ass. Thanks again, Kelvin Sampson!
    No apologies necessary.

Thanks for the clarification.

Even better.
    X A V I E R

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

BIG EAST Conference

@BIGEAST

The BIG EAST will host a press conference at
    @TheGarden
    Thursday at 12:00 PM to announce the University of Connecticut re-joining the BIG EAST.

Watch the press conference live on Twitter or on
    (link: http://Caffeine.tv/BEDN)
    Caffeine.tv/BEDN
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    BIG EAST Conference

@BIGEAST

The BIG EAST will host a press conference at
    @TheGarden
    Thursday at 12:00 PM to announce the University of Connecticut re-joining the BIG EAST.

Watch the press conference live on Twitter or on
    (link: http://Caffeine.tv/BEDN)
    Caffeine.tv/BEDN
    I think this is a great move when looking at the optics of it, a school with a few national championships and good basketball pedigree, while hopefully keeping a strong hold on holding our conference tournament at MSG. Plus my new brother in law went to UCONN, so really excited to talk shit to him annual a year.

I really like the idea of UConn joining the conference but please don't look for a 12th team. The home and home matchups are awesome but won't work with 12 teams.

Muskies and Huskies. I like it.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I think this is a great move when looking at the optics of it, a school with a few national championships and good basketball pedigree, while hopefully keeping a strong hold on holding our conference tournament at MSG. Plus my new brother in law went to UCONN, so really excited to talk shit to him annual a year.
    You will have something in common if the conversation turns to knocking off UC.
    I have seen only two great plays: Hamlet and put the ball into the basket

Personally, I don't like the idea. It moves us further away from the original intent of the New BE (Catholic w/out Football). Allowing Buth*le in left this door open. At least they don 't have football. Ucun* fits neither criteria (although it could be argued that they really have a football team).

I understand the financial benefits and potential 'credibility' boost (which is debatable - credibility to whom - and when did we care?). Either way I see this as a sell-out.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    I really like the idea of UConn joining the conference but please don't look for a 12th team. The home and home matchups are awesome but won't work with 12 teams.
    I watched the BEDN news conference at noon.

Frankly, all this is very exciting for all parties involved.

As far as adding a 12th team is concerned, Val flat out said NO INTEREST in doing that. In fact, she made it clear that we - the BE - had been very happy at 10. UConn coming along as they did - - those conversations materially engaged after the tournament this year - - presented a unique opportunity for the BE and for UConn. A one-off and ONLY prospective addition to the conference that made and makes sense.

I have never felt better about Xavier and its basketball program. Think about it: the joy we felt after it was announced that we were joining the C7. But that joy was tempered with concern about how well that newly launched version of the BE would do. So, we moved along, with the BE doing very well to this point, but still probably with some lingering concern about life moving forward vis-a-vis the P5 conferences.

Not any more. The BE is fricken locked and loaded with UConn's entry.

The one thing Val did respond to about the FOX media agreement led me to believe that it may take a little while to sort out what the new per school figures will become. I still believe it's safe to believe that the figures are going up, but it's just that we may have to wait a little bit to see by how much.
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Personally, I don't like the idea. It moves us further away from the original intent of the New BE (Catholic w/out Football). Allowing Buth*le in left this door open. At least they don 't have football. Ucun* fits neither criteria (although it could be argued that they really have a football team).

I understand the financial benefits and potential 'credibility' boost (which is debatable - credibility to whom - and when did we care?). Either way I see this as a sell-out.
    I have to disagree with this. I think the intent on the C7 split was to get the Big East back to it's original intent; a conference with basketball as the anchor sport. I'm sure before they brought in X, Butler or Creighton, if Syracuse or Pitt had said "we want to stay, don't worry about football we'll figure it out," the C7 would have kept them. Same with UConn.
    I find the concept of all-Catholic or all-private to be very overrated.