Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: James Farr

Jimmy was the player in the post game press conference with Coach. All class. I'm really going to miss that kid. He is what Xavier is all about---Growth and Transformation.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    only thing i can think of is Reynolds was playing really well and Mack was only going to play 1 true big at a time
    This was my thought as well.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    This was my thought as well.
    How any times this year did X play without James and instead played OMara?
    None.
    He is (was) the BEST rebounded.

Maybe he was easily getting pushed around and out rebounded.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    How any times this year did X play without James and instead played OMara?
    None.
    He is (was) the BEST rebounded.

Maybe he was easily getting pushed around and out rebounded.
    First of all we are talking about 6 minutes that O'Mara played. O'Mara was 2for2 from the field with 2 rebounds. Farr had 13 minutes, was 0for1 with 1 rebound. Both Farr and O'Mara were getting killed inside on defense. Farr had an incredible game against Weber, but even he would tell you that this wasn't his best game. And if you think that Xavier lost because O'Mara took 6 minutes away from Farr then you're just coaching after the game.
    Balls of Steele!!

James Farr

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    First of all we are talking about 6 minutes that O'Mara played. O'Mara was 2for2 from the field with 2 rebounds. Farr had 13 minutes, was 0for1 with 1 rebound. Both Farr and O'Mara were getting killed inside on defense. Farr had an incredible game against Weber, but even he would tell you that this wasn't his best game. And if you think that Xavier lost because O'Mara took 6 minutes away from Farr then you're just coaching after the game.
    I wonder if Mack saw that no one was really able to guard Happ well, so he put O'Mara in because Happ really wouldn't be able to guard him either. In his short stint, O'Mara repeatedly scored and drew at least one foul on Happ, maybe two.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

All-Conference
    There is ZERO chance Jimmy Farr only played 13 minutes because of his defense. I don't recall any of our big guys "getting killed" on defense. I can think of on instance where O'Mara looked overmatched against their freshman big guy (names escapes me). But don't tell me Jimmy Farr couldn't have pushed around and guarded that guy. He had 45 lbs on him.

He's our best big man and you're telling me coach pulled him for bad defense in our most important game of the year. No way I buy that.

I don't know if Jimmy Farr gets tired really easily, or if there was something medically wrong all year....but he deserved way more minutes that he got all season. He was our damn MVP and usually only played half the game. I never understood it, and still don't.

Jimmy looked like a shell of himself compared to the Weber State game. And it was like that all year. He would absolutely dominate one game, and then would play limited minutes the next.

I'm convinced he had something medically going on...it's the only thing that makes sense.
    Last edited by drudy23; 03-22-2016 at 08:09 PM.