Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: James Farr

James Farr

With the James Farr sighting we had Tuesday night, it got me wondering about this forgotten member of the squad: is there a chance that he is going the way of Canty and Latham and is to be ushered out of the program after year 1? Or is the view that he has some promise and will be a productive member of the program over the next three years?

I've heard some very positve things about Farr. Have never really heard what he needs to work on in order to really get more playing time.
    Balls of Steele!!

I remember last summer people were praising his ability, something I never recall hearing about Canty or Latham.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

Last summer everyone was talking about his rebounding ability. Something this team desparately needed.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by DC Muskie View Post
    I remember last summer people were praising his ability, something I never recall hearing about Canty or Latham.
    I don't know. I remember hearing a lot of good things about Canty (and his numbers at Appy probably validate some of that talk).

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I don't know. I remember hearing a lot of good things about Canty (and his numbers at Appy probably validate some of that talk).
    Yeah, Canty had promise. He was just at the wrong position, because after he was committed, we got commits from Martin and then Wells. If it had just been Martin, it probably would have been okay, because Martin is able to slide to the 4 at times, but he wasn't stealing any minutes from Wells.

If you ever watch him on the bench,he is really into the games and always encouraging his teammates. He doesn't seem unhappy to me with his body language. I would guess with Trav gone next year, his PT will go way up.
    Zip'em Up!

Farr is apparently an incredibly "stiff" athlete - he doesn't bend or stretch very well. He defends too high. This may have to do with the fact that he went from being a 6-5 beanpole to a 6-10 monster relatively late in his prep career. I'm sure that the S & C guys are working on that.

I don't think there's much chance he'll leave, unless he absolutely wants to. There's no numbers crunch for X with regard to scholarships and there will be substantial minutes available at the 4 and 5 next year with Taylor gone and the only established guys being Stain and Philmore. Because he can shoot, I think he's more "college ready" than either Canty or Latham.

Jury's still out on whether he'll ever be a big-time contributor but I wouldn't read too much into this season. He'll need to make some impact next year though.

Junior
    Canty got squeezed out by Dez, and Latham was a tree.

It was expected Farr would take a year or two, but from what I've heard he should be productive. At worst he will be a backup next year getting significant minutes. Our bigs are: Stainbrook, Philmore, Farr, Reynolds, and Stenger. I expect at least 15 minutes a game for the first four.

My guess as to why he has been on the pine most of the year is defensive awareness.
    zip em up

Yep, Mack has mentioned a few times two main reasons why Farr isn't getting playing time. He needs to learn and get better on the defensive end. And the guys in front of him are Philmore and Trav and those guys are playing too well for him to get past on the depth chart.